Chapter 30

Yu Tu was busier than he had ever been before. The colleagues at the institute were long accustomed to "white plus black" (day and night shifts) and "six plus one" (6 normal working days plus 1 rest day being Sunday) overtime mode, but it was still a bit shocking to see him like this, completely immersing himself into work.

Coming out from the laboratory, Da Meng could not hold himself back and advised him, "Take it easy, don't be like Lao (meaning Old – prefix used before the surname of a person to indicate affection or familiarity) Guan and end up in the hospital."

He still did not know about the real condition of Guan Zai's illness.

Yu Tu said, "It is okay, I know my limit."

Of course he would not treat his own body carelessly. After returning to the research institute, his life actually became even more disciplined than before. In the past, he would from time to time skip sleep and meals together with Guan Zai, but now he would eat and rest in a timely manner, and also exercise and work out.

He would arrange his schedule densely, leaving no gaps, and then carry it out rigorously.

"Speaking of which, you probably didn't rest much during your more than several dozen days of vacation?" Da Meng said.

"What?"

"After coming back, it's like you divine aid. One, two, three, four, five, solving the points that you were stuck on before. Lao (Old) Yu, you are so motivated. Is it because you want to take advantage of Lao (Old) Guan's time in the hospital to usurp the throne?"

"Get lost!" Yu Tu answered him with these two words.

After Da Meng really did leave, he stood in the same place for a long time, laughing mockingly at himself.

On a certain Saturday afternoon in the middle of the month, Yu Tu received a phone call from Zhai Liang.

"Xia Qing has come to Shanghai. She said that she wants to make up for last meal and is inviting everyone to have a meal. She asked me to call you. Today and tomorrow are both okay."

Yu Tu declined immediately, "I don't have time."

"That's okay, I'm only asking. It is actually good that you don't go. You can avoid having Qu Ming, that jerk, from being an a**hole." Zhai Liang readily hung up the phone. However, at a little past ten o'clock at night when Yu Tu was about to get off work, Zhai Liang called again.

Yu Tu picked up the phone, but it was Xia Qing's voice that actually came through. She seemed to be a little drunk and unexpectedly asked, "Yu Tu, Miss Qiao... Who is Miss Qiao?"

Miss Qiao...

He hadn't thought about Miss Qiao for a while, but there were so many people who liked to mention her. He always saw the senior high school group and university group having active discussions.

He clearly didn't want to hear her name, but when they mentioned her, his heart seemed to welcome such discussions. Perhaps it was because only in this moment was he able to release those suppressed emotions.

Yu Tu lifted his hand and turned off the lights in the office. In the darkness, he held the phone and calmly said, "Of course it is Jing Jing."

Yu Tu did not expect to receive a message from Xia Qing the next day. At that time, he was about to enter the conference room for a meeting.

"Zhai Liang said that you are working overtime. Do you have time to have a cup of tea?"

He glanced at the message and then indifferently locked his phone into the . When the meeting ended, it was already past 8 o'clock at night. He took back his mobile phone. There were two more messages in WeChat.