Chapter 14

His Pov

Micajah Stone

I am excited, no I am ecstatic that she is coming here. I miss her already. I want her to meet my folks. See the pack lands and meet the people. She will like the scenery here, I can tell.

I am going to meet her beforehand and inform her the dos and the don'ts about my pack. I want her to have a good first impression on the pack members.

We meet and she seems a little distant, a little in her own thoughts, so I suggest we have lunch here. Me sneaking up on her hasn't helped me one bit.

Even today she looks amazing. The long tiring journey exhaustion cannot be  seen one bit on her beautiful face.

We later have icecream, actually she buys me one. My wolf is happy to know that she remembered my choice.

I don't have any confirm plans, just a hunch that we might mate and mark in the coming few weeks. She seemed averse to this. She is fighting the bond. I can tell she hates, if somebody else plans things for her.

I mindlink my Personal Investigator to hurry up with the Investigation. She is a closed book and I want to read some pages, so I can proceed with her in some known way without deeply hurting her or worse driving her away.

My line of thoughts comes to a standstill when she informs me that she is just here to train, nothing more, nothing less. Her mindset clear as day. I thought we were making some progress with the icecream and the teasing. But apparently not. She has receeded to her cocoon again.

I manage to clear the sadness and hurt from my face which is stifling in this small space.

I clear my throat in an attempt to buy me time. I am totally stunned by her reply.

I say, "Okay you made this very clear. Sorry if I got carried away. I didn't mean to take things for granted. Let's drive to my pack."

The expression on her face softens and then she focuses on the road ahead.

I was first going to take her to my house, now I will just take her to my office space. Show her around. Where things won't be awkward and I will introduce her as a friend.

'Friend?!' My wolf questions.

'She is our mate. You better let the pack members know this.' My wolf spits.

'I can't. She is not here in that capacity. We have to respect her wishes.' I tell my wolf.

My wolf is in disbelief. I think he might make an attempt to reach to P's wolf.

'Calm down buddy. We can't force her to be our mate. Can we?' I tell my wolf.

I now plan to go day by day with her. No surprises, just baby steps. We do have almost a week or two before she goes into heat, I think I can turn things around until then.

We enter my pack and I ask her to park the car near the entrance gate of my office. Sam, my beta is still on hiatus, so it will just be me and few other pack members who will leave in an hour or so. Perfect. Less people seeing P, less people gossipin about a random girl at my office.

"I most of the time, sleep at my office just because it's convenient. Samuel my Beta and his mate Natalie have setup a kitchen here as well. So all the pack members can fix themselves a snack. The decor is quite modest actually but we do have CCTV surveillance everywhere." I tell P this small piece of information.

She looks around the place, her gaze going to the stairs.

"My bedroom is upstairs, not really a bedroom but a setup to just crash in. Would you like to see it?" I ask.

"Sure", she nods.

We go upstairs and in my room, I have a few pictures there and a bathroom. A closet, a queen sized bed and few other necessities.

She notices those pictures, I point towards my family and tell her when and where those pictures were clicked.

I hear my chief of security's  voice from downstairs.
"Alpha" She calls out. Even P hears that as her body language changes.

I turn and head downstairs to see Aimee standing near the foyer with a tablet in her hand.

"Yes Aimee, is there any security issue? I ask her.

"Can we speak privately, Alpha?" She says while eyeing Penelope.

I hesitate before leading Aimee to my office, "It will just be a minute," I say to Penelope and don't wait for her reply.

In hindsight I see P going to the living room which is just opposite to my office.

"What is it, Aimee?", I ask her.

"Alpha we have identified the car parked outside your office to belong to a Alisha Wilson from the County City who identifies as a human. Alpha you need to be careful who you bring back to your house that too a person who buys icecream for you. You don't have to befriend people from the city. We are here for you Alpha. For all your needs Sir." She says her piece.

"Aimee, focus your skills on the well-being and the security of the pack. I never asked you to run any kind of check on people who I hangout with. Kindly keep your paws to yourself. This is your first warning. This kind of behavior will not be tolerated. You are dismissed." I almost angrily tell her.

"But Alpha, I care for you." She says.

"As should you. The security of the Alpha is the security of the pack. So get back to work and now you will be incharge of night patrols as Beta Sam is currently unavailable. Thank you for your concern." I tell her.

She finally gets the cue and leaves me the fu*k alone.

More mysteries mate, Who is Alisha Wilson.

I get outside my office to P, she seems on edge, her face constricted, clearly unhappy.

"Hey let's continue with the tour. We can now head over to the gym to train." I say.

"Who was she, Micajah? Your fu*kbuddy? Who is here for all your needs?" She spits.

"No Not all. She is a she-wolf who has no sense of boundaries". I tell P.

P is almost seething in anger. Maybe her wolf didn't like seeing me with another unmated shewolf. First the argument now the jealousy, this is going to be a long ass day.

I guide P to my office space and tell her I will be right there after grabbing us some coffee.

Cold coffee is what I need after all this.

I go the kitchen and take some time to prepare those large mugs of cold coffee.  We both need time. The energy between us is revolting.

I carry the jar and two mugs with me back to my office.

The scent in my office knocks the wind out of me. My heart starts beating fast. My wolf happy and preening as he reaches out to feel this wonderful scent that his mate is emitting.

Oh my God No. P is in heat already.

1225+ words

Love,
A