Chapter 24 - I Do Arc: Part 2 - Season 1 Finale

A/N: Hello everyone! As you can read in the title, this chapter is gonna be the last one from season 1. I'm planning to write two more seasons, so don't worry, the story will continue!

However, I'm gonna take a break after this chapter so I can prepare everything for the next season. (It's gonna take probably two weeks, so just stay tuned!)

And I just want to thank all of you for supporting me and my story! It's truly an incredible feeling to see how many of you like this au! It means the world to me! So once again, thank you so much! I love you all!

Hope you enjoy the season 1 finale!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some moments ago

Mari was standing behind the closed doors - waiting for the ceremony to start and the guards to open the gate. She held the bouquet of roses in her hands, wrapping her fingers around the flowers so strong it turned her fingertips white. She needed all of her strength not to turn around and just ran away from this madness.

Hearing the music inside, she took a deep breath and stepped into the cathedral as the guards opened the door. She could feel how all of the attention in the Notre Dame flew in her direction, watching eagerly as she slowly started approaching the aisle.

Marinette was never as nervous in her life as now. She knew this was her biggest chance to prove not only to herself and her father but to the Parisians, her people, and even to the other kingdoms' ambassadors that she was ready and dedicated to take the throne one day and become the most powerful queen of the kingdom.

She tried to focus on her every step, careful not to fall. Feeling everyone's gaze on her definitely wasn't helping to swallow down her nervousness. She could feel her heart beating faster and faster as she slowly walked between the benches.

She kept her eyes focusing on the floor until she reached the end of the hall. She stopped in front of the aisle and looked...

..straight into Félix's greenish eyes.

It was like time itself froze for a moment. Mari could feel how her cheeks turned red at the sight of him, she could barely breathe.

Was it because of the crowd or because of something - or rather - someone, she couldn't tell.

It seemed like deep down she still hoped it was just a bad dream. But when their gaze met she already realized..

It was all real.

There it was standing in front of her...

Her future husband.

He was wearing a blue uniform that pointed out his broad shoulders

He was wearing a blue uniform that pointed out his broad shoulders. His hands were placed behind his back as he was standing straight. And his hair.. His hair that normally covered his eyes, was now pulled back, revealing his intense greens that were staring straight into hers - sending shivers down her spine.