Chapter 25- Bye Charlotte

Charlotte has been refusing to talk to me and I feel bad for snapping at her like that.

If it was anyone else instead of her, they would have thought the same. It was my fault alone. I should have calmly told her that nothing is going on between me and Zack but no, I had to cause an argument instead.

Zack, this is all because of him.

That idiot.

And just then, the idiot himself walked into my room... Without knocking.

But something was odd. He seemed to be really upset.

"Are you okay, Zack?" I asked him as he got himself seated on the edge of my bed.

He shook his head in denial but didn't say anything.

Okay, something was definitely wrong.

"What is it, Zack?" I asked with concern.

He raised his head and his eyes met mine. He sighed before opening his mouth to speak.

"I have to.. Confess something. This thing has been bothering me since a very long time. I just.. Can't hide it anymore."

"What is it?"

"Um.. Jennifer... "

"Yes?"

"I don't know how to say this-"

"Just spit it out, Zack."

"I used to like Celine."

Que?

"What?!"

"Yes. I always liked her. It was a few weeks before she was taken by the mafia.. That we.. We had.. I had.. Kissed her. I had kissed Celine."

He said in a quiet voice, keeping his head low. Did I even hear that right?

"So that's why you were so eager to get her back..? Because you liked her?"

"Yes."

"You were so eager to get her back that you were even ready to kill me." I said it harsher than I intended to.

Zack looked up at me again, with a guilty expression on his face.

"Yes.. I am so sorry for that, Jennifer. I really am."

"Does Damien know?"

"NO!" he screamed in horror and I flinched back.

"No, he doesn't. Please.. Don't tell him or anyone else, especially Max. I felt so guilty of doing something like that to my own bestfriend that I wanted to confess it to someone. This guilt has been eating me up ever since."

"But, Zack.. I think you should tell this to him. Isn't it better if you tell him yourself instead of Damien finding it out through Celine."

"No, Jennifer. Celine promised me that she would never do that. She wouldn't ruin my friendship with Damien."

"Yeah keep believing that." I mumbled to myself but Zack heard it too.

"What did y-"

Before he could finish, we heard loud and continuous ringing of our doorbell.

Zack and I stared at each other and then got up to see who it was.

We went out to see who it was and the both of us froze in our tracks when we saw police officers standing in our living room along with a man who looked familiar.

And then it hit me-

That man was Collin Whites.

Charlotte's father.