Fizzy Strawberries That Shouldn't Taste Like Soda |41|

The spine fixation in MJ went smoothly with no complications at all. However MJ was incredibly sleep deprived the next day so when she didn't wake up at her normal time, no one suspected anything.

However Harley was concerned so he silently checked on her to make sure she was still living.

Wanda had been in the interrogation room the whole night, staring at the wall in front of her blankly, eye bags prominent. Once again she looked like the emo kid she was when they Avengers had first me her.

Wanda's hair felt over her shoulders in a wave and she blinked as often as a cat. Natasha kept her company after she'd returned from spying on Y/n.

Truth be told that the redhead was feeling deeply sorry for Wanda but with her being possessed (as that's what the Avengers deducted) it wasn't exactly safe for her to be out. They didn't restrain her; Wanda stayed willingly.

"You okay?" Natasha mumbled, sitting on a chair and looking at Wanda intently across the white room, seeing their reflections in the wall length mirror behind Wanda.

"Is she okay?" Wanda asked in her accent within the middle fo the room, sitting on a metal stool.

"She's fine. Shuri fixed her up. The baby is too," Natasha listed off, crossing her arms.

Wanda let a stream of tears fall silently down her face. "It's happening again."

"What?"

Wanda glanced at Natasha with dead eyes. "I'm becoming a monster again. Just like how I demolished that building in Lagos."

Natasha shook her head, "don't do that to yourself, Wanda. We aren't perfect. The people like to get in our heads and make us feel like we're incompetent when really all we're trying to do is our best."

"This has happened before," wanda mumbled. "A civil war between our group."

Natasha said nothing, not knowing what Wanda was going on about.

"In a different universe," her eyes flashed red with her accent poking through. "Tore us apart and left nothing to defend Earth. When the big guns rolled up, we lost," she sneered sounding like how she had when she was sixteen.

"How do I know you're telling the truth right now? That that witch isn't in your head?" Natasha questioned, keeping her concern inside.

Wanda kept a light smile. "Because she is here it is exactly how you will know I'm telling the truth."

"Sounds like a load of bullshit to me."

"When was the last time you slept fully?" Wanda questioned. It was like they weren't friends anymore and this was someone else trying to keep the conversation going. Maybe it was a threatening tactic. "Y'know when people's minds are loud I here them."

"I think you know why I haven't been sleeping," was Natasha's fruitless answer.

"You can feel something is incredibly wrong yet you do nothing. Is that not the actions of a monster?" Wanda questioned while tilting her head. It was like the evil witch was slowly gaining more and more control.

Natasha wasn't phased on the outside. "I've had problems before. I'm working on fixing them."

"So you deny that we are all monsters."

Natasha said nothing to the woman before her.

"It is quite obvious that you are worried, Natasha. Yet you do nothing because of your code. Y'know I know that they're dying, right?"

Natasha looked away from the woman as she realized the Scarlet Witch was coming through.

"Wanda. Remember who you really are," the redhead mumbled to her.