Ch 549: Clues Of A Lie

The next day, after the group finished with their breakfast, they went straight to Chang'an's National Library.

FEater was guiding them in front of the group. Lin Ye was holding on to Nian's hand as they walked. He had to make sure this divine beast would not run away. This was for the city's sake, not hers. He did not want to imagine if an angry went loose in this city. Skadi and Grani were at the back of the group while Warfarin, Nian and him were in the middle.

"By the way. Although I know a lot about this place, this will be my first time going to their library," FEater said as she glanced back at them, "Few people are interested in going there, especially if they are on a vacation. What kind of information are you looking for there?"

Thinking that FEater would give them useful information. Warfarin answered her, "Do you know anything about pure humans?"

"Pure Humans?" FEater tilted her head at this, "I heard of them before. What's the matter?"

Warfarin asked again, "Then have you seen of them here in Yan?"

"Nope. 'Fraid not," FEater spread her hands and said, "If there were them here, I wouldn't know."

"Why so?" Lin Ye said curiously, "Isn't the characteristics of pure humans quite obvious?"

"What do you mean, obvious? They don't have any," FEater rolled her eyes and said, "If I don't see any special traits on you doesn't mean you are a pure human. Look at you. You have nothing, but you aren't a pure human."

"I am," Smiling, Lin Ye nodded and said, "I am a pure human."

"You are?" FEater was stunned for a moment, "Are you really sure? Maybe your racial characteristics are not obvious? Like a Liberi?"

"I really am one," Lin Ye chuckled, "I don't have horns, and I don't have a tail. I even have normal place ears."

"... What do you mean normal place ears? Are you saying mines are weird?" FEater glared at him, "There is no such thing as normal or abnormal ears. Looked at our princess, she doesn't have many dragon characteristics, but she is still a Lung."

"The princess, you say?"

Lin Ye thought of the photo he saw on his mobile phone yesterday, and said, "You're right. She doesn't have any traits showing she is a Lung. Is she a pure human, then?"

When he was done talking, FEater slapped her hand on his mouth.

"Shh!" FEater made a silent gesture at him. She looked around for a while, and then let go of Lin Ye when she was sure that no one heard him, "Don't talk nonsense, okay? You can't mock the princess."

"Mock?" Lin Ye arched his brow at her, "What did I do?"

"The royal family is a descendent of dragons." FEater explained as they continued walking, "If you say that the princess was a pure human, you imply she is not truly a royal family member."

Lin Ye hummed to this. He could understand that his statement might offend people here.

Then he realized that not everyone in the same race had the same traits.

Looked at Yenwu. He did not have a human face. Now looked at Hui-Chieh. She had a normal human face. The only thing that was the same for both of them was that they had horns and tails. Both of them were regarded as Lungs, Dragons. Maybe this was the same as the princess.

"The more obvious the racial characteristics, the purer the bloodline." Warfarin also spoke up, "The characteristics of the fourth princess are so few that you can hardly see them."