Chapter 45: Fighting a Vengeful Spirit

Normal: Dialogue, Narrations

Italics: Thoughts

Bold: A/N, Quotes

(A/N: All the images or gifs used do not belong to me, they belong to the respective owners)

Previously we saw that another day has started for Issei and the others that were present to visit the Heaven, after waking up from his sleep Issei gets ready to go to the Heaven, where he meets up with his old friends who all have a conversation relating to minor stuff as well as The Holy Sword project which Kiba had finally gotten over it, he no longer fights for vengeance, and now does not mind being in the presence of the Holy Swords, they all then visit the Heaven and were led by both Vasco Strada and Griselda Quarta into the Heaven, Griselda gave the devils Halos so that they can visit Heaven without the having to suffer it's side effects, they visit the First Heaven which also had the Interdimensional room, Michael leads them to the room, which was unnerving to most of the devils present due to the immense amount of Biblical statues and other items present there were too much for them, after visiting the room, Michael holds back Issei and Irina and asks them what is wrong, since they had visited the Interdimensional room before and it had brought in some bad memories as well, Irina was initially reluctant but when Michael persuades her, she is forced to give in and reveals her issues to the world, she hated what her past timeline counterpart did to her childhood friend Issei, she cried as she remembered all the horrible things she said behind his back, Issei responded saying while he will never forgive that Irina, he knew that the one in front of him repented what she did, she should not beat herself, for her counterpart's actions, he still has a little faith in her, much to her happiness, after that tender moment they all leave the room and join the others. After that they visit the second heaven where Issei and the others noticed that it is completely different from the previous one, it seemed more of a detention centre rather than a heaven, Raynare then recited about the Tower of Babel incident which explained the Babylon people present there, they then move to the next area, which was the third heaven, where Irina's father had resided, they then had a conversation about the Cleria Bellial incident, which was the reason he left from Kuoh and settled in Vatican as a way to atone for his sins, they then encounter a vengeful Masaomi Yaegaki who wanted to kill Touji as he was involved in the murder of his lover and himself, he then unleashed the Khaos Brigade which considered an army of evil dragons, treacherous angels as well as Nilreim Magicians, after which Masaomi then charged at Touji to complete his vengence, but was intercepted by his daughter Irina who told them that they would be handling him and informed Issei to take Touji to a safe place. After that Touji asked Issei to look after his daughter, which Issei obliged and promised that nothing will happen to Irina.

As the fight continued between Masaomi, Irina and Xenovia, Masaomi was getting board, he was a former skilled exorcist that had fought and slain many beings before, so fighting against a novice angel and a low class devil was not really a big issue for him, he managed to keep up with Irina while having a board face

Masaomi: Are you really Touji's daughter.......your skills are sloppy...

Irina got angry and responded

Irina: Skills, I will show you skills Masaomi!!!!!

Irina charged at Masaomi who only had a disappointed face as he clearly expected more from the exorcist, Xenovia also joined in to assist her friend, but they were unable to do anything to an exorcist who not only had skills in their fighting as well as an advantage, since his sword once had half the spirit of the evil dragon Yamata no Orochi, the Venom Blood Dragon, he then used his swords to grow two heads in order to deal with the two exorcists, the two exorcists were forced to deal with the two heads as they started to overwhelm the duo of exorcists with relative ease.