Chapter 32

As the sunlight of dawn peeked into the room, lisa opened her eyes. Last night, she had a hard time falling asleep knowing that jungkook was by her side. It felt as awkward as their first night together. Maybe it was because Jungkook was lying beside her and openly staring at her. With the moonlight at his back, he gazed at her.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" At lisa's question, jungkook merely responded with 'I'm afraid it's all a dream.'

"It's not a dream, so just go to sleep."

"Okay, but you go to sleep first."

"......"

"I'm scared that if I fall asleep first, you'll disappear." As if it would be a waste to even blink, he continued to stare at her. lisa stared back at him but fell asleep before she knew it. It was a deep sleep.

lisa sat up and turned her head towards the faint aroma of coffee. jungkook was standing in the kitchen.

"Why do you look like that?" lisa laughed as she gazed at jungkook, who was only wearing his formal suit pants. jungkook turned around when he heard her voice.

"None of my clothes were here. And it was a bit chilly to only be wearing my underwear."

"Ah..." That's when she realized that she didn't have any of jungkook's things at her place. He could have been disappointed and commented on how she didn't have anything that belonged to him, but he didn't say anything. Instead, he calmly tapped her table for two and gestured to her to come here to drink some coffee.

lisa walked over and sat in the seat opposite to him. He held out a warm cup of americano. lisa liked having a warm cup of americano in the mornings after she spent the night with jungkook . It always seemed to prove to her that this was the Jungkook she knew.

Lisa took a sip and glanced up. jungkook had his chin propped in his hand as he gazed at her.

".....Aren't you going to drink your coffee?"

"I will." Despite his words, he didn't touch his cup. Now that she looked a bit closer, she noticed that he had taken a shower. He must not have used the dryer in fear that she'd wake up, so his hair was still wet. It was as if he'd just popped out of a magazine pictorial.

'I should have washed up too'. lisa didn't have to look in a mirror to know that she looked disheveled. Suddenly, jungkook stretched out his hand and hooked some of her hair behind her ear.

"You don't have to wash up, so just drink your coffee."

"How did you know? I was just thinking that." lisa looked at him in shock.

"I just thought you might be thinking it."

"That's amazing." lisa took another sip of her coffee.

"I can usually tell what you're thinking. Although, my radar was a bit defective for a while." jungkook smiled. She could barely swallow the coffee due to the refreshing smile. Her heart fluttered at his casual words. It was as if he were telling her that the time that had stopped in their relationship was slowly flowing again.

"How did you know where my place was?"

"I contacted Yunni-ssi and asked." Yunni was another friend of lisa's. She had come over to her place for a housewarming a while ago and knew her address.

"She knew we'd broken up, so it wasn't easy getting it out of her." lisa tilted her head.

"It wasn't easy, but after I kept begging her, she finally told me."

"I see." lisa nodded her head. Now she knew why Yunni had called her last night. However, she'd been with jungkook so lisa hadn't picked up any of her calls.