My Baby Girl

Samuel POV

"Fu** you Sammy," Zara states as she runs out of the principals office. I have no thoughts and a million thoughts as she runs out of the door. I didn't notice when that first tear in my watery eyes fell, shame guilt eating at my heart.

Flashback to earlier..
When I first got the call that my Zara was in a home where the man was running a trafficking ring I felt the bile run up my throat while sitting in my office chair. The social worker had asked me if I wanted custody of my Zara and of course I said yes, I had many years of making up to do. I had called my little brother Theo into my office to tell him of the horrible and terrific news.

Theo walks in my office shocked as he sees my probably tear stain face. "Sammy, what's going on?"

"Zara, the foster care home she was in her foster father was running a human trafficking ring." I sob out to my brother

I see the tears start to form in his eyes, his own guilt and shame showing as we both left our youngest siblings in the hand of a monster and now my baby girl was in another nightmare.

"Oh my god. Is she okay?" He asked

"I don't know. When they arrested her foster parents. They were just getting home while she was probably going to school. She is at school now and the school is only about an hour away. I have to go now!"

"She has been so close and she was going through so much. We are terrible brothers." Theo states the tears now running down his face.

"We have her now and I am going to bring her home and beg for her forgiveness, you stay here and inform the boys of what's going on."  I said as I shoot out of my desk and to my car.

As I am driving I start to think about the entire situation of when I left our home when I was 18 taking Theo along with me. I regretted it the moment I made it to our new life. I had gotten a job and work endlessly to try and provide myself and Theo with a roof over our heads and food on the table. I didn't take my younger siblings as I didn't know if there would be a time where me and Theo would have to sleep on the streets and I never wanted that for them, but at what cost. I had left my baby siblings in the hands of a monster. After getting out of the abusive situation I had applied to take my GED test to graduate high school and applied to many colleges to hopefully get a business degree. Theo followed my foot steps doing the same. We both worked tirelessly to earn our degrees and graduated. Almost three years later Ezra and Flynn managed to track us down and they stayed with us while also working to earn money for a better life for us. Also regretting leave our baby sibling with our father. The twins are now in a local college also earning their business degrees to someday work at the company I built from the ground up. I work making hotels and restaurants around the world and have have made a name for myself. I promised that once the time was right I would find my two youngest siblings, but Declan found me before I found him.

He told me how he had called Child Protective services because the abuse became too much and he also told me how he will never forgive us for leaving him and Zara with our father, not that I blame him. He told me of how Zara was in a foster care and how he hasn't seen her in over a year, not knowing where she is. He was 18 at the time fresh out of the group home and had saw my name on a magazine. During the next year he found Zara, but from the outside it seemed she was living a better life with her foster parents, turns out we were so wrong. We didn't want to ruin a good thing for her, so we left her alone. I know this will break him when he finds out, as he told me he promised her that he will come back for her.

Present time
The principal who watches this whole things unfold starts to speak.

"You should probably run after her, and I just want you to know that Zara is a wonderful students who passes her classes with flying colors, but has a heart that has been broken too many times. That was the first time I have ever heard her speak and I should have notice something more was going on with that poor girl and I admit I have failed her.  Make sure she lives a good life, Mr. Monroe."

I stare at the older lady for a moment before booking it out of the office my heart set on my baby sister who I haven't seen in 9 years. Thoughts of our childhood playing in my head when life was good, and she would cling to me like her life depended on it. When she would look up to me and poke my cheek and say "boop" a million times over.

Then the regret of leaving her in the hands of that cruel man we called our father for my sanity and well being not thinking of what could happen to her started to eat at me. I am a selfish man.

As I am running I try to catch up to my little sister who eyes showed nothing but pain, but I am too late as I can't seem to find her around the area of the school.

I jump in my car and call Theo, who at this time has already probably informed our brothers of the situation.

"Hello," I can tell he has been crying his voice thick with emotions.

"Zara took off out of the principals office when she saw me. I can't find her Theo!" I sobbed

"Okay, me and the boys will head your way don't worry we will find her, it will be okay." Theo says. I can hear the boys in the background start to shout. I end the call and start praying to whoever may be listening that I find my baby girl.

Welcome to Sammy's POV
I am thinking of doing Theo POV in the next chapter to let y'all see what happened when he told the boys of the news. Zara POV is coming back to worries.

Love you butterflies 🦋

Bella💙