Chapter 34

"I've aged about ten years because I haven't gotten a wink of sleep, but you look like you're in good condition. Do you know how many things I've wanted to say to you once I saw you again? Are you going through puberty? Why are you acting out? You were never like this before. Are you releasing all this rebellious energy at once this year? I'm definitely not going to be in charge of you next year!"

YoungSik barged into jungkook's home after receiving his call. As soon as he entered, he began to spew bitter remarks. But it must not have soothed any of his pent-up anger because his hands were still on his hips as he panted for breath.

Last night, because jungkook hadn't said a word when he received his Best Actor award, the internet was in an uproar. The reporters were in a frenzy as they made up all kinds of possible reasons for his behavior. The public was split fifty-fifty. Some felt that it was incredibly rude of him to remain silent when he received his award, but others thought he had been too overwhelmed with emotion, so they asked everyone to be understanding. jungkook didn't settle this situation and simply disappeared. No one knew where he went. They called him, but he had left his cell phone on the table in his VIP room.

They thought he had received someone's call and left in a hurry, but when they tried to go through his phone, it was locked with a passcode, so they weren't able to check. Jungkook disappeared into the night. The next morning, YoungSik received a call from an unknown phone number. jungkook told him that he'd be heading home now, and asked that he come to see him there a little later. YoungSik frantically rushed over to jungkook's home. jungkook must have just arrived as well because he was in the middle of taking off his suit. He told YoungSik that he was going to get changed and asked him to wait a moment. Then he reappeared in some comfortable clothing and sat down on the sofa.

"Hyung."

"What!" When jungkook called, YoungSik shouted out in anger. His usually calm face was filled with rage.

"I'm sorry." jungkook interlocked his fingers together as he spoke.

"Why are you apologizing all of a sudden? You're freaking me out! What's going on? Are you going to do something else? Are you going to just give up on your career? Fuck, I don't know anymore. Do whatever you want! I'll contact the director and tell him that we're going to cancel your contract. Just cough up the cancellation fee. I can't take this anymore!" Unable to endure this any longer, YoungSik began to spit out curses.

"I'll do whatever you say, Hyung." YoungSik froze.

"What is it? Why are you so obedient all of a sudden? Do you know that this behavior is a lot scarier?"

"So I'm going to get into one more scandal."

"What more?!" YoungSik roared.

"Today, lisa and I are going on a date at the movie theater. And we're also planning on going on a trip soon. If we want to take a walk together, we're going to take a walk. We're not going to avoid other people's eyes anymore."

"What?" YoungSik hadn't expected this. He looked like his soul had left his body.

"I'll tell the director myself." jungkook crossed his legs.

"Hey, you..." YoungSik stammered as if he'd lost the ability to speak. jungkook looked as if he'd already made up his mind. YoungSik took a few deep breaths and finally managed to speak.

"So are you guys back together again?" jungkook nodded his head.

"And now you're going to date publicly? Do you think it'll be that easy? It won't just be hard on you. It'll be hell for lisa, too. Everyone's focus will be directed towards lisa. Instead of her name, she'll be known as jungkook's lover. How can she cope with all that? I'm sure this won't happen, but what if you two break up? Then what are you guys going to do? In that case, you won't be the one who will suffer. It'll be lisa."

"That's why we hid it all this time. And because of that... we almost broke up."

"......" When YoungSik saw jungkook's blank face, he closed his mouth shut. He was right. jungkook lowered his eyes and slowly opened his lips.

"When I received the award last night, I wasn't happy at all. It was merely heavy. I recalled all the things I'd lost in order to obtain this. I lived and did my best in order to be happy, but happiness seemed to elude me. Because I continued to push off my happiness, I forgot what happiness was. And I made lisa go through this dreadful phase as well.

"......"

"Hyung, if I can, I want to return my trophy in exchange for having those two years back. If I can go back two years, I think I can do my best to love her."

"......"

"So don't tell us to hide anymore. I don't think I can do it anymore." lisa spoke in a steady tone and finally lifted his head. He had a determined expression on his face as if he had already made up his mind. YoungSik opened his mouth and closed it again. He knew he should try to persuade lisa otherwise, but he couldn't.

Jungkook said he wanted to be happy, and YoungSik didn't know what to say to that. He could see that jungkook had, at some point, stopped enjoying his work. He felt anxious just watching him from the sidelines.

And it was terrifying.

If he ever lost lisa again, he could only imagine what would happen to jungkook.