6.5

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

hello:)

<6.5>
fresh air

      PETUNIA EVANS COULD NEVER get over the freedom she currently had. With her blonde hair being caught in the refreshing wind, her worn out shoes feeling each rock or pebble that decorated the flooring before her — the girl had a please smile held onto her face, wishing her younger self was able to feel such a normal moment.

     As the day was young, people were still off at work, not busying the streets the two were currently traveling. James was pointing every which direction, explaining each shop and memory he could think of — loving the fact that Petunia wouldn't shy away from asking questions.

     And Petunia, who was more than interested in all of his stories, felt a wave of excitement hit her as he added in, 'i'll take you inside during our Hogsmeade trips.'

      She didn't know what a 'Hogsmeade trip' was, but was nonetheless excited.

she followed his patterned steps.

       And as the two reached the sight of trees, Petunia was quick to make her way towards them, hoping that the wizarding world would offer her new animals to explore.

james followed after her.

and she smiled.

"The world is beautiful, despite all the cruelness, isn't it?" She softly asked, letting her fingers trace the tree leaves as she passed them.

he watched her.

and he wondered.

"Would you change your life if you could?"

she stopped.

Petunia looked at him.

And she thought of her answer carefully. The blonde had thought back to her life, every problem that occurred, every negative moment she remembered — the pain.

She frowned.

But then she thought about the positives.

The excitement she used to feel when Lily would come home. The happiness when her music played in her then messy room. Meeting the group of wizards and witches. him.

That time she smiled.

"No."

He looked surprised at her response.

"No?"

she continued her steps.

"Everything that happened, even if I wished it hadn't.." She paused her sentence, seeing as a bug-like dragonfly fluttered to the plant in front of her — admiring the wings that decorated it, "It would've never of got me here... with you." her words grew quieter. She didn't know if it was out of embarrassment, or maybe just focus on the winged creature, but even then, she knew he heard it. And because of that, she didn't want to catch his stare. So instead, Petunia softly brought her hand up the bug — letting it crawl onto her fingers.