I'm Sorry Zara

TRIGGER WARNING

DRUG OVERDOSE. PLESE PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

Ezra POV

I was in the car with Theo and Flynn, trying to find my baby sister. We were never really close as children, but she was always my favorite (Don't tell Flynn). Even when I was angry about something Zara would always try and make me smile. Whether it be making funny faces at me or giving me the world's biggest hug and a smile, she was always there for me.

When the abuse caused by my father got too much and I took my anger out by boxing, she was the one to always clean me up if I had pushed myself too hard. However, I left her and Declan behind, and for that I would never forgive myself. I know that Flynn feels the same way.

A sound broke me out of my thoughts, that sound being my twins cries.

"Theo! That looks like her!" Flynn shouted

"I think it is! Make sure that Sammy is behind us!" Theo shouted.

I pulled out my phone calling Declan who was in the car with Sammy to inform him that we had found Zara.

"Hey Dec, we think we see Zara, pull over to the side."

As we pulled over to the side of the pavement, the scene in front of me will haunt my dreams for as long as I live.

My baby sister, on the side of the road unconscious. I could see that she had pills in her hands and was extremely pale. Her skin seemed clammy and her breath shallow.

Theo and Flynn ran to her side, trying to wake up my unconscious sister. I was frozen in my spot my fears causing my body to go into a state of paralysis. Sammy and Declan started running toward us, I could tell both were crying and was in a state of panic. I don't cry much, but when my tears started they just wouldn't stop. My body deciding to work with me, I ran to Theo side trying to see Zara face more clearly. Anyone with a brain could tell that she was struggling, but no one cared enough to help her. Her face sunken in, dark bags under her eyes. She looked dead. That thought alone scared me.

"Call 911!" Theo shouted.

"I'm calling now." Sammy said.

I didn't hear Sammy cries to the 911 operator or the sounds of my brothers cries. All I could see and hear was the lifeless body that was my baby sister, her breathing becoming more and more shallow.

All I could think is I will never have the chance to atone for my sins I have committed against my sister. It took a while for Declan to talk with all of our brothers after he came home with us, there is no telling how Zara will react to being back in our lives.

If she even makes it out of this alive. I'm sorry Zara.

Hey Butterflies 🦋

They found Zara, but not in a state they ever wanted to see her in.

I am thinking of doing Flynn or Declan POV next, maybe Flynn's POV of finding Zara.

Anyways, hope you are enjoying the book I am going to upload everyday hopefully! 🥰

Bella 💙