Rose

[The Tyler's flat]

(Earth, United Kingdom, South London. An alarm clock goes off at 7:30. A young blonde woman gets up, dressed and kisses her mother goodbye. Her mother, who is also blonde, still in her dressing gown and lazing on the settee while watching TV.)

ROSE: Bye!

JACKIE: See you later!

[Henricks Department Store]

(Rose takes the bus to Central London and gets off outside the department store. There is a banner across the main entrance - Henrick's sale sale Henrick's. The day passes. Rose moves piles of display clothes around the ladies wear section, meets her boyfriend for a snack lunch in Trafalgar Square then goes back to work. Eventually -)

TANNOY: This is a customer announcement. The store will be closing in five minutes. Thank you.

(Rose and the other girls head for the main doors. The guard shakes a clear plastic bag in front of Rose.)

GUARD: Oi!

(Rose takes the bag and runs back to a lift and goes down to the basement.)

ROSE: Wilson? Wilson, I've got the lottery money. Wilson, are you there?

(A door with a large danger of electric shock sign also claims to be the office of H P Wilson, CEO.)

ROSE: I can't hang about 'cos they're closing the shop. Wilson! Oh, come on.

(There is a clattering noise further down the corridor.)

ROSE: Hello? Hello, Wilson, it's Rose. Hello? Wilson?

(She opens the door to a store room and turns on the lights. There are boxes of clothes, and dressed dummies.)

ROSE: Wilson? Wilson!

(As she explores, the door slams behind her. Rose runs back but it won't open.)

ROSE: You're kidding me.

(More noises behind her.)

ROSE: Is that someone mucking about? Who is it?

(A male shop dummy turns to watch her, then approaches.)

ROSE: Yeah, you got me. Very funny.

(A second one starts moving behind it, then a third.)

ROSE: Right, I've got the joke. Who's idea was this? Is it Derek's? Is it? Derek, is this you?

(More shop dummies start moving as Rose keeps backing away down the storage area. Finally they have her up against the wall, and the lead dummy raises its arm. Then a hand grabs Rose's wrist.)

DOCTOR: Run.

(The Doctor has gone modern minimalist, with t-shirt and leather jacket and Maddie is the same as him except with long brown hair and Y/N is wearing a black leather jacket. They drag Rose through the basement as the Autons follow, and into a lift. The lead Auton puts its arm through the closing doors. After several tugs the Doctor, Maddie, and Y/N pull it off, and the doors close.)

[Service lift]

ROSE: You 3 pulled his arm off.

MADDIE: Yep. Plastic.

ROSE: Very clever. Nice trick! Who were they then, students? Is this a student thing or what?

Y/N: Why would they be students?

ROSE: I don't know.

DOCTOR: Well, you said it. Why students?

ROSE: 'Cos to get that many people dressed up and being silly, they got to be students.