How In The He** Are We Gonna Fix This?

TRIGGER WARNING

MENTIONS OF DRUG OVERDOSE AND USAAGE. AS WELL AS ABUSE. PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

Declan POV

My sister has always been my best friend. She was the one who cleaned me up when dad took it too far. The one who cuddle up next to me when the nightmares haunted my dreams, and I was the same for her. Calling Child Protective Services that day was a good choice, that what I always thought. However, seeing what has happen to my sister today, I have come to realize just how stupid I am.

If I would have waited just one more year, I could have protected her just a little longer instead of being selfish and wanting out immediately. I could have saved her from her foster parents, from her own thoughts. Even though I find it hard to forgive my brothers, and I probably never will, they treated with me with kindness, love, and brought me to therapy sessions as they had. My baby sister had no one. She was living with the worst kind of person and I was having a blast in college, and had my brothers to lean on. I will never forgive myself for that.

As I entered the hospital I ran to find Sammy to see if he could give any news. Theo, Flynn and Ezra were not far behind. When I found him he did not look like the strong brother I had come to know, however, he look like a man who's whole world just completely feel apart.

"Where is she, what's happening?" I asked Sammy.

"They suspect that she overdosed on opioids. They administered naloxone to her and they got a response from her , but they have to monitor her to make sure that the naloxone doesn't wear off and cause more damage or caused an overdose to reoccur. They are pumping her stomach now to remove it from her body. They are also hoping there is no long term effects on her body." Sammy stated, his voice sounding far away.

Opioids.

My little sister was taking opioids. She never took them when she was with me. It must have gotten too much for her to handle and she resorted to it to help the pain. I felt miserable as more thoughts flooded my brain.

"She uses drugs." Ezra voice startling me out of silence.

"She was in so much pain she resorted to drugs. She should have been with us, we should have been taking care of her!" Ezra's voice was getting louder and louder as he started to pace the hospital floor.

"Ezra, please calm down getting angry will only make it worse." Theo calm voice stated, but his eyes telling a different story.

"I can't Fuc**** calm down Theodore! She could have died and we would have to live with that the rest of our miserable fuc**** lives!" Ezra shouted with visible tears streaming down his face.

"I can't lose her Theo, not like this." This was one of the first times I have ever seen Ezra cry like this.

"I know Ezra. I know." Theo stated, he probably like the rest of us had no words.

"Family of Zara Monroe." A nurse stated. All of us jumping up to receive the news on our sister.

"Zara is responding well to the naloxone and will be in some pain when she wakes because of her stomach being pumped. I also have to ask, were any of you aware of the state her body is in?" The nurse asked.

"No, we just got legal guardianship over her today." Sammy stated.

"I'm sorry to tell you this, but Zara's body is covered in scars, clearly she has been in an abusive situation there are words carved into her skin, she has multiples fractures in her body that have never healed correctly. It is possible she could have been sexually abused, but we want to wait until she wakes up to ask her more questions and see if she would allow us to run more test, to make sure she is healthy and in no pain." The nurse states.

"Abused. She was abused in that house and we left her there. She got out of one abusive situation only to go into another. We really are huge pieces of sh**." Flynn caught me off guard as he usually is not the one to cuss.

As the nurse started to walk away, no one else said anything. We all sat in our respective chairs wondering how in the he** we were ever gonna fix this.

Hi Butterflies 🦋

Zara POV is coming up next and it will probably remain that way for a bit. I am not too sure.

Anyways let me know what you think of this chapter.

How will the boys fix their relationship with Zara.

Leave your comments and reactions 😊

Bella💙