Chapter-21

Arcee let out a yawn as she woke up the next morning, it wasn't as hot as yesterday but was still pretty hot. After a few stretches she got dressed and went to the kitchen to get some breakfast, as she walked in she spotted Jack asleep on the couch. He didn't show any sign of waking up on his own but Arcee couldn't blame him after last night. When they had got home from the pool June was waiting for them having gotten a call about Arcee fighting someone and about her and Jack in one of the changing room stalls. Then in a single breath Jack quickly explained everything and June seemed to be satisfied with it. Then Arcee had let it slip about her joining Jack in the shower, the nurse had been less than understanding about that.

(Flashback)
"After the Reformatting Module covered us in reformatted pumpkin guts Jack and I took a shower to wash ourselves off." Arcee said casually.

Jack sat there with wide eyes at how Arcee had just said that like it was no big deal. June had a similar expression but she didn't stay silent "You two were in the shower, together, naked?"

"Well you don't shower with your clothes on." Arcee laughed.

June practically jumped out of her chair "Oh my God." she placed her face in her hands and started pacing "I'm going to be a grandmother."

"WHAT?" now Jack freaked out "NO, NO YOUR NOT!" he nearly shouted. "Look when we came home after the test Arcee said I could use the shower first so I got in the shower, a couple of minutes later Arcee got in while I was still in it. I got out and Arcee washed herself off, that's all that happened I swear!" Jack explained quickly to calm his mother down.

"And you washed my back." Arcee added.

June pulled her hands away "YOU WHAT?"

"Ah," Jack tried to think of an explanation "Yeah but were able to save water, heh." the glare his mother gave made it clear he wasn't helping his case.

"I think your over reacting a little June." Arcee said sitting back in her seat.

"Over reacting?" June looked at her.

The former two wheeler put her face in her hands "Oh God I'm going to be a grandmother." she imitated the nurse before pulling her hands away with a laugh "We weren't having sex June, we were just having a shower."

"Arcee." June took a deep breath "I'm trying very hard to keep in mind that you know little about the rights and wrongs of being Human and don't understand this situation." there was irritation in her voice.

"I understand it completely, your getting angry about something that didn't happen. We showered together, that's all." Arcee said.

"That is the problem." June said placing her hands on the table "Something like that is not okay!"

"Whats the big deal?" Arcee was becoming irritated herself "We were messy, we took a shower. We might have another if the next test goes wrong."

June couldn't believe what she was hearing "Jack." she got her sons attention "Will you explain to Arcee that's she being horribly inappropriate." the nurse glared at Arcee.

The former two wheeler returned the glare "Jack can explain to June that's shes making a big deal out of nothing." she said.

Jack sat there literally in the middle of a argument between his partner and his mother, he looked between the two and desperately tried to think of a way to calm them both down. "Come on Jack think!" he thought to himself "You went to another planet to restore Optimus'es memory and were able to think of a way to beat an Insecticon, you should be able to think of something that can end this before it gets ugly."

"Well?" Arcee and June said in unison looking at Jack.

Jack gulped but the he though of something "That's it!" he said mentally before saying out loud "Your both right."