Chapter-26

The alarm clock rang only a couple of times before Arcee shut it off, rolling on her side she let out a sad sigh at the empty side of the bed "Just not the same." After what had nearly happened last night, Jack suggested they sleep separately and Arcee had agreed but in the end she didn't get much sleep. She kept thinking about what happened and what could have happened if June hadn't arrived when she did, would they really have gone through with it. She knew all about sex from the Sex Ed class but she never thought about it, even after she and Jack became a couple.

The former two wheeler got dressed and headed into the kitchen where she found Jack at the table eating breakfast, he noticed her enter "Morning."

"Morning." they didn't make eye contact even when Arcee sat down, neither of them knew what to say about the previous night. They sat there eating in silence for about a minute before Arcee broke it "June gone to the hospital?"

"Yeah," Jack replied "She had an early shift." after that the two of them just sat there playing with their food, the attempted ice breaker failed. Jack let out a sigh "I better get going soon to, I've gotta a shift at the K.O. Burger."

"Oh, okay." was all Arcee could say as Jack quickly finished his breakfast and headed for the garage "See ya later."

"Bye." he said closing the door behind him, Arcee stood up and looked out the window in time to see Jack cycle away on his bike.

The former two wheeler let out a sad sigh and walked back to the table, she dropped down in her seat and pushed her plate away having no appetite. Things had been so good between her and Jack better than ever, when they became boyfriend and girlfriend she was happier than she could ever remember being and it was clear Jack was to. But in one moment it seemed to fall apart, she missed having him beside her as she slept, she missed the kisses they shared and she missed how he always looked at her like she was the most amazing thing in the world.

Arcee took out her phone and brought up a picture of her and Jack holding each other, the smiles on their faces really showed how happy they both were. Looking at the picture Arcee's face went from sad to determined "I want it back!" standing up out of her chair she ran to the bed room. A moment later she ran back into the kitchen and quickly devoured her breakfast having regained her appetite, then went to the bedroom again.

K.O. Burger

Jack stood with his head resting on his hand looking out the drive through window at the empty parking lot, business was slow today and the only customers they'd had today we all eating there. Which left Jack pretty board, all he could think about was Arcee and how things had gone from great to really messed up. "Are thing always this exciting?" Arcee asked.

"At K.O. Burger, yeah pretty much." Jack sighed, then realised who he was talking to "Arc... I mean Sadie?"

Arcee stood there at the side of the drive trough window "You were expecting someone else?" she moved so she was right in front of the window.

Jack scratched the back of his head and looked away "Sadie, last night I..." he tried to think of what to say but came up with nothing. He was so deep in thought he never noticed Arcee reach up with one hand, grab him by the front of his shirt and pull him down nearly out of the window.

Arcee moved so the were eye level "Jack."

Jack recovered from the shock of nearly being pulled out of the window "Yeah?"

"Shut up." with that Arcee put her hand on the back of Jacks head and kissed him, Jacks eyes widened in surprise but quickly got over it and returned the kiss. They stayed kissing like that for a couple minutes before braking away for air, Arcee moved her hand placing it on Jacks cheek and looked right into his eyes "Whatever last night was, its not worth ruining all this."