Kissing Under Fairy Lights

the prompt: Windblume, first kiss, garden/vineyard

u guys this one is so out of character im sorry

---

"Diluc?"

Albedo tentatively entered the Dawn Winery after knocking a few times. He was supposed to meet Diluc to purchase some grapeseed oil, but the wine tycoon was nowhere to be found.

Most of the time, Albedo didn't really visit the Dawn Winery. He wasn't that friendly with Diluc, and he wasn't an alcoholic, so there was really no reason. The only thing he needed today was the grapeseed oil, for his creation for the Windblume festival.

The Acting Grandmaster Jean had instructed him to come up with something new or special to showcase during Windblume, and Albedo had, rather reluctantly, risen to the task. The last thing he needed for his experiments was a carton of grapeseed oil and this was the only place Albedo could think of that would sell him that much, in that amount. Hopefully Albedo would be able to collect some crystalflies as well. He had heard that, while pretty, they were quite a nuisance for caretakers of the vineyard to work around.

"Can I help you?"

A voice startled Albedo out of his wandering thoughts. He looked up, and his eyes met that of Diluc's butler, Elzer.

"Yes, actually. I'm here to do some business with Diluc, and I was wondering where I could find him."

"Ah, Master Diluc has told me about your appointment with him. Unfortunately, other complications have risen at an outpost in Liyue, where he has ridden off to immediately. He's instructed me to tell you that everything you need should be in the vineyards. If you have any other questions, please come find me or one of the workers." Elzer said primly.

Albedo thanked Elzer and wandered off into the vineyards. It was a good thing he had a few empty glass jars from the time that he had helped Sucrose with some failed botany project. They would be just the right fit to house some crystalflies.

The extensive vineyards of the Dawn Winery stretched out before Albedo, lines of vines punctuated by the occasional worker in brown garb. Albedo could already spot a few flickers of crystalfly residue floating in the air, making him all the more eager.

Albedo had known Diluc long enough to know that he wouldn't mind if Albedo took a few for research purposes. He could grab some crystalflies first, and then the crate of grapeseed oil, and be on his way back to Dragonspine within the hour.

---

Albedo's jars were almost full when he spotted the last crystalfly he needed, one or two rows over. He moved stealthily over, careful not to disturb the crystalfly lest it fly away. Honestly, Sucrose was much better at this sort of thing.

In his determination, Albedo forgot to look down at the ground and tripped over something solid, landing on the ground with a thunderous thud. He looked up just in time to see the crystalfly pop into nothing, leaving behind pale green-blue shimmers.

The thing under him that Albedo had tripped over gave a light grunt and shifted underneath him. Fuck. It was a person?

As the person got up, a very familiar head of blue hair came into view, and Albedo wanted to bury his face in the dirt. Of all people, why Kaeya?

It wasn't that Albedo hated Kaeya, really, it was just that the man made him nervous. It was a kind of nervousness that Albedo hadn't experienced before, where his stomach twisted and his heart raced and the back of his neck heated.

"So eager to see me, huh?" Kaeya said, brushing dirt off of his clothes.

"Not particularly." Albedo responded, composing himself into indifference. He pretended his cheeks weren't pink.