Chapter 15

His Pov

Micajah

Her scent is intoxicating me.
I am unable to cage my inner animal from surfacing. I have no idea how much she knows about the heat that she currently is in.

I do know she spent a significant time apart from her family and wolves in general. I clench my fists and try not to breathe from my nose. My wolf urging me to touch his beloved mate.
He is sensing the change in her emotions.

As if reading my thoughts she takes a step near the desk where I just placed the cold coffees on. I tell her to have some coffee or it might get warm.

Her sipping that coffee so casually, completely unaware of the effect she is having on me is frustrating. I don't think she has noticed anything. How can she. This is early. Too early. We don't even see eye to eye yet and the bond wants us to be body to body.

Moongoddess, why are you doing this. I sigh.

She touches my hand which is on top of the desk.
I sigh and try hard to maintain my breathing pattern. She feels warm.

I open my mouth to make her aware that she is in heat. My wolf is happy, he is practically giddy from her nearness and her touch.

Before I say something to her, I mindlink my beta to not let anyone enter my office space. Actually not let anyone near the building. My wolf doesn't want anyone even scenting the wonderful scent his mate is emitting. I can tell her heat is starting to affect her more.

"You are in heat Penelope. I think you can sense it. You scent has changed." I manage to say.

She stares at me wide eyed. "That was not supposed to happen atleast for a week right?"

"Yes that is true. But we both have Alpha blood so maybe the bond wants us to seal it quickly.
I being older also can quicken the need to mate and procreate. We both have had it worse these past days, being away and then meeting, arguing, being jealous, so it has been a whirlwind of emotions." I explain my hypothesis and logic to her.

Her face is red and her eyes leave my face to reach the ground. Her head processing the new information I just gave her.

She had opened up to me in the past few days but this would be openness on a whole new level. I say it will be few hours before the need to mate will be too strong to resist for both of us.

I need to have a heart to heart talk before that.

I wanted to give her time but the timing of this heat has messed up a few things. She walks back a few steps until her back collides with my office wall. She slides down to a sitting position. I can feel through the bond that she is trying to subdue the urge to touch me, to feel my cold body against the increasing warmth coursing through her body.

She begins to run a hand through her temple, trying to relax her muscles.

"P we can't avoid this, I say while crouching down next to her. The more you avoid it, the stronger it will get. I like you and I will never force anything especially our physical bond". I convey my sincere feelings to her.

"But please don't ask me to leave. I can't leave you like this," my voice breaking as I can't tolerate to stay away from her.

"I don't hate you, Micajah, but we never had a conversation about my past, about Xavier or your current or ex girlfriends. I have been intimate before,
I am not a virgin. Wolves wait for their mates. I didn't. I wanted to tell you this and then let you decide if you still wanted a relationship with me. That's why I am here today. I may not be the perfect mate, a woman you desire, the one you maybe have pictured for yourself. I wanted you to take a decision before our bond forces us to do anything. We did talk about some things but not this, I wanted to clear this to you before"..her voicing now almost a whisper.

"Before... we take any step further..." She says.

"Hey, hey P I am not a virgin either. It doesn't matter to me. I don't care because what matters to me is now who do you choose to be with. I want to be your present and if you will have me, then your future. We will deal with our past lives together right? Don't hide from me P, don't shut me away". I tell her this.

I feel like hundred tonnes lighter. Like a dog waiting for his master to pet him, waiting for validation, for acceptance. Hell even a smile on her face will vanquish my anxiety.

She takes a long breath and keeps her hands on her knees. It's taking all the energy I have, to not give in to the temptation when I can actually smell her arousal. I can sniff it because I am an Alpha. A normal wolf would not be able to.

I can see her visually relax and she rests her head on my shoulder. After this small action from her side, there is no need for words, only this simple action conveying so much. Trust and respect is what I feel I have earned today. And I will uphold and protect these responsibilities she bestowed upon me today until my last breath.

A woman in heat only needs a few things so I have heard.
To be satisfied physically
To have a stomach full of food and
To sleep off the physical exertion.

My wolf is content, happy, to be accepted and to have his mate relying on him. He is such an Alpha.

I listen to her heartbeat even out. She feels slightly less warm than before.
I hook my hands around her back and knees carefully lifting her so as to carry her to the bedroom upstairs. I don't want to take her to the packhouse bedroom of mine.

I carry her up the stairs and lay her on my bed and remove her shoes and keep them near the bed. I cover her with a blanket to keep her body covered and out of my sight. Not wanting to sport a hard on when she wakes up and scaring her or giving her any wrong indications.

I take my laptop out and sit near the table I have. It takes me a while to actually start working after staring at her sprawled on my bed, sleeping so peacefully. The heat scent is strong but not too empowering.

I hope she gets some sleep now before the inevitable. After finishing today's work I head downstairs to the small kitchen setup I have. I send a small thanks to my beta for setting this up and stocking it up before leaving for his hiatus. I make a decent meal with juice for her and me.

I hear her footsteps descending the stairs, her scent much stronger now, hitting me like a 5 magnitude earthquake. I grip the dinning table to focus and concentrate on feeding my mate before my mind clouds with dirty thoughts.

My eyes trailing her naked shoulders and then to her neck where I hope to put my mark on her. She instantly notices my gaze and explains, " it's too hot to wear a jacket". I nod slightly in response. She sits on the chair crossing her legs and digs in the food. She plays with her fork for a second before sticking it in the pasta and slurping the noodles.

"Good evening, had a good nap? How do you feel now?" I ask her.

"Okay. Thanks for letting me sleep for so long. I felt too overwhelmed before." She says.

I watch her eat for a few minutes. My stomach and heart feeling rather full after watching her eat. A slight moan slips from her mouth and my ears perk. The restraint I have on my body is slowly slipping like sand.

She seems oblivious to me, unbothered as I stare at her intently. She finishes her food and asks me, " Micajah you didn't finish your food."

"I'm not that hungry, P, watching you eat kinda satisfied me and my wolf."

"What is with male wolves need to feed their mates and watch them eat, I understand the need to provide, but not at the cost of you starving. You need protein for those muscles Mica." She says.

I like her honesty. She says whatever she has on her mind. I smirk and hold her hand, "I would do anything for you, I would not just watch you eat, I would watch you do anything and everything. It's an animal thing I guess, but I would try not to stare too long, if you are uncomfortable. I look down at our interlinked hands, the vibe changing drastically around us." I tell her.

"No, I like your brooding gaze on me. She caresses my fingers slightly.

1545+ words

Love,
A