Chapter Forty-Seven: Hanging By A Moment Here With You

Darkness was all He could see, noise swirling around him to fast to catch hold of, the sense of floating strong. Was he dead? This felt like death, but how would he know? He tries to move, pain exploding through his body making him want to gaps out, but he couldn't find the strength. The pain was intense, and frightening. He didn't want to wake up to face it, He starts to panic, but suddenly A slow creeping Fog grabs him, pulling him under, everything falling away as he sinks deeper and deeper.

"He should have woken up by now right?" A woman's voice says filtering through to his brain, piercing the Fog. It sounded familiar, he knew he should recognize it but for the life of him he couldn't. Maybe if he opened his eyes and saw her he would remember. But his eyelids feel like they are glued shut, and the pain was starting to throb again. Exhaustion washing over him, he needed to rest, maybe later he could look at her.........

The briefest of touches on his forehead makes him realize that once again the Fog had lifted, the pain throbbing like sharp stabbing knives in his side. He wanted to cry out but again he couldn't find his voice. Something grabs hold of his hand and squeezes it, reflexes shout at him to squeeze back, to tell whomever it was that he was awake, but the nerves in his brain must be misfiring because his hand doesn't move, it just stays lifeless next to him. He hears a soft sob and feels his hand lift, the person kissing his knuckles.

"Please Han come back to me." Says that same familiar voice. Head Move! he shouts in his mind, wanting nothing more then to turn his head to the sound. her voice was so beautiful, it was soothing and calmed his frayed nerves. But his head doesn't listen to him. Instead the pain flares up again, an almost blinding white hot pain that sears through his whole body the agony intense. He welcomes the Fog that came and stole him away, saving him from the pain......

"Dr Montgomery how is he today?" A male voice says, a slight twang to it. The Fog dissipates again as the voice prickles at the edge of his memory. He knew this voice too, but who was it?

"No Change, his heart is still beating strongly, and his lung is healing from the collapse." Another male voice says, this one unfamiliar. Collapsed lung? so that's why his side hurt and his throat felt like hot lava when he breathed in. Why did he have a collapsed lung? He tries to think back but he slams into a brick wall, nothing, no memories come to him.

"Then why isn't he waking up?" Says the beautiful female voice, she sounded like she had been crying. No don't cry, He wanted to say. For some reason the thought of that girl with the beautiful voice crying made his heart hurt, he wanted to open his eyes and move to hold her to comfort her, but his damn body just lays there motionless.

"To be frank I don't know, there may be something holding him back, like his mind just isn't ready to wake up yet, He will in time, when he is ready." The unfamiliar voice says, sympathy clear in it. A stiffled cry comes from the girl and he feels a hand slipping into his.

"Please Han, I need you." She whispers. I need you too! I don't know why but I do! The pain flooding into him making him cringe internally,something flickers in his mind, a blurry memory of a gun, the vibe sending chills down his spine. No! he suddenly didn't want to wake up, not if it meant fully remembering that memory. The pain stabs at him, stealing away his breath. The fog Rearing up and seeping into him, the Darkness a welcome bliss chasing away the memory........

Takashi! The name screams into his brain, the image of an Asian man with black hair and cold calculating black eyes flashes across his closed eyelids. With it comes the memory of being chased around the house, dodging bullets as he races up the stairs. The image of his bedroom door being busted open making him cringe inwards. NO! Stop I don't want To know this! but the memories keep coming like water from a broken dam, memory after memory crashing in his head. Staring down the barrel of a gun as the man's face screws up in Anger, Him charging the man trying to knock it away, then the white blinding pain he knew all to well hits him as the guy shoots him in the side. Stop No more! The memory of shallow breathing, blood oozing out of wounds and spitting up blood, That explains the collapsed lung he thinks, as he whimpers internally from fear. Shivers run down his spine. He waits, no he prays for the Fog to come and take him away from the memories, But it doesn't come. Where was the Fog! He screams panicking. It was than that he notices faded light piercing the back of his eyelids which he can flutter slightly, and the pressure of someone holding his hand. Sudden desire to wake up Courses through him and he pushes through the thin fog, clawing his way free.

He forces his eyes to flutter open, brilliant light searing his eyes making them snap shut again, but he forces himself to slowly open them. He darts his eyes around trying to figure out his surroundings. White walls, a small TV hung in the corner, a door with a small window in it, a large window to his right, the sounds of beeping of many machines with different tone levels swirl in his ears making his head pound. The feeling of small stings makes him lift his right arm ever so gently to find an IV in the inside of his elbow and another one in the top of his hand. The feeling of someone curled up to his left side has him moving his head sluggishly in that Direction.

KATIE! He stares at the girl who was curled up beside him, her head resting on his shoulder, careful not to pull any of the tubes hooked up to him, her hand in his, her legs curled up so she could fit on the small Hospital bed he was laying in. KATIE! How could he forget her? She was the beautiful voice that soothed him. He lifts his right hand and brings it over to stroke her hair, the blond strands silky under his touch. At his touch she Stirs, her eyes, a bright piercing green, open and stare at him, sleep momentarily confusing her. He gives her a small smirk making her eyes widen, a gasps escaping her beautiful full lips.

"Han? are you- are you really awake?" She whispers, her voice holding so much hope, but her eyes, the eyes he knew more then anyone Else's held fear that it was just all in her head. He takes his hand away from her hair and places it gently on her cheek, making her lean against it. He smirks at her again.

"Hey there Angel, Did you miss me?" He says, his voice rusty from disuse. Tears stream down her face as he brings her face close to his, their lips connecting as his heart monitor lets out a shrill beep as his heart picks up speed.