Chapter - 17

Third Person’s POV
Adesh was restlessly waiting for Pritika in the room. Where on the other side Pritika was happily chatting with her dadi.
After some the door of the room opened and Pritika entered into the room smilingly. Adesh didn’t even give the time to Pritika to settle properly in the room.
ADESH : Who is Dhruv?
Suddenly hearing this question from Adesh, the smile vanished from Pritika’s face.
Pritika's POV
I was shocked hearing this question. How did he know about Dhruv? Did someone tell him anything? Have he believed that? I know many villagers think I am wrong. Using my look I had captured his attention. But no one knows the truth. I didn’t do anything.
When I didn’t reply Adesh again asked the same question.
PRITIKA : My… my ex-boyfriend.
ADESH : why?
PRITIKA : What?
ADESH : I mean why did you break up with him?
Why does he want to know? That’s my past. What will he do knowing that?
Seeing that I didn’t reply, Adesh said –
ADESH : Pritika, I just want to know. I am not judging you. It’s your past, but as your husband, I want to know everything about you.
Third person’s POV
Pritika sat on the bed in front of him and started speaking…
PRITIKA : I broke up with him. Dhruv is the son of our village’s chief. He is very handsome,  so all the girls in our village like him. My dadi always prohibited me to talk with any young male in our village. So I didn’t give attention to them.
Adesh didn’t said anything so Pritika continued…
PRITIKA : But one day, Dhruv started talking with me himself. He helped me many times. When my dadi got heart attack, he helped me to arrange everything. I don’t have many friends in this village. All the girls think because of my look I like to capture every boys attention so they don’t like me. So I used to like Dhruv's care, his friendship, I like to spend time with him. As he helped me in our critical time dadi also didn’t stop me to talk with him. Everything was going good, I started liking him. With dadi's permission I started dating Dhruv. Everything was going good. I was happy with him but…
Pritika again looked at Adesh, seeing no reaction she again continued…
PRITIKA : I had come to know that I was only a bet… I was only a bet for him to his friend, for taking my virginity…
A lone tear escaped from Pritika's eyes. Pritika lowered her head when a big rough hand cupped her face and wiped her tear.
PRITIKA : My dadi still don’t know that, I have lose my virginity to Dhruv. She knows that Dhruv has cheated on me. Next day after broke up with him, dadi had taken me to your house. I really didn’t  know where dadi was taking me… I really didn’t marry you because of money. I have just listen my dadi's request.
ADESH : Hey… hey! When did I blame this? I didn’t said anything like this.
PRITIKA : No, you didn’t say anything like this… but I know. I heard from Raj, our neighbours child. He told me what all the villagers are thinking about me. They all think I have broken up with Dhruv to marry into a rich family like yours. I am a gold digger. I know maybe You have heard from them.
ADESH : yes… you’re right. I have heard this from them but that doesn’t mean I will believe them. You are my wife, even if I would have any doubt, I will talk with you not believe in some outsiders words. I am asking you about Dhrub not because I doubt you, but I just wanted to know about you. Don’t take my intention wrongly.
PRITIKA : No.. No I didn’t mind anything.
They both were looking at each other quietly for some time, when suddenly Pritika asked something and Adesh's face became serious hearing that.