The Stakes are Your Heart

December 26

City Center, Seve, Johan Republic

The 10 members of the "shopping group," which searches for water and food, are divided into four groups and searched the city's markets. Capilla Sinusoid, a member of Sareed's guards, is searching the bag with Nitta. He, too, inwardly thinks that Nitta is a dolt, and asked him about his lost property.

"What is this passport that was stolen from your bag?"

"It is an official document that gives proof of nationality and identity when traveling abroad in the world where we originally came from. It is shaped like a thin notebook with a dark red cover."

There are four types of passports issued by the Japanese government: one is a dark blue or red general passport that is carried by the general public; the other is a green official passport that is carried by members of the Diet, national public officials, and other public sector personnel when they travel on government business; and the third is a dark red diplomatic passport to be carried by the Imperial Family, the Prime Minister, the President of the House of Councillors, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Ambassadors Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary, diplomats, and others on official business, and the last is a brown emergency passport issued only in case of an urgent need to travel abroad. Among these, Nitta and the others were in possession of "diplomatic passports" used by diplomats on official business.

"Oh, there is something like that..."

Capilla chimed in after listening to Nitta's explanation.

"The bills, cards, and passport in my wallet, which I left in my bag, are of no value to the thieves of this world... I hope they are safe..."

Nitta prayed for the safety of the stolen goods. At that moment, he received a call on the walkie-talkie he was carrying.

"This is Nitta, over."

"This is Nomura, we found the bag."

"Really!?"

The communication was delivered by First Lieutenant Nomura, who was in command of the delegation escort. Upon hearing the news of the discovery of the object he had reported, Nitta could not help but let out an exclamation of admiration.

"Where is it!?"

Nitta inquired about the current location of Nomura and his team.

"It's on Fifth Avenue in the Loam District, southwest of the capital!"

"I'm on my way there right now!"

Nitta then hung up the walkie-talkie. Immediately after, he and Capilla both ran to the designated location.

Fifth Avenue, Loam District, southwest of Seve

The trio of Shimon, Nina, and Nomura, who had been waiting for Nitta and Capilla to arrive, spotted them rushing toward them from afar, out of breath through the crowd.

"...You're here."

"Y-yes, we're here... haah... so, where's my bag?"

Nitta, out of breath, inquired about the whereabouts of the objects of his search. After a sigh, First Lieutenant Nomura answered his question.

"You can thank Nina-san for that. It was thanks to her knowledge of the local situation."

"...!"

He turned toward the direction he indicated and saw the face of the girl looking embarrassed.

"Thank you."

Nitta thanked Nina for finding his bag. After that, Nomura and three others brought Nitta and Capilla to a bag that is for sale at a "certain stall".