FIFTY THREE

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

Teamwork is a term used when more than one person tend to work together on something important, something preplanned

Teamwork is a term used when more than one person tend to work together on something important, something preplanned. This word is clearly out of Kassian's vocabulary after our recent training session.

I probably shouldn't have stormed away like a spoiled child but I could feel my blood boil. The last thing I wanted to do was explode whilst Alfie was standing directly behind him.

Instead I sucked in a breath and walked away, giving us both some time to calm down.

No one asked what was wrong as I stormed through the kitchen and past the pack, clearly having a face like thunder. But all I wanted was to have a shower, to rid myself of dirt and sweat.

Taking five minutes to myself whilst I stood under the boiling water, drenching every inch of my body and washing away my frustration. A metaphor I prayed worked because I didn't want to bicker with Kassian anymore, I hate it when we disagree on something.

After scrubbing my skin and washing my hair twice, I wrap myself in a towel and step out of the shower. Pulling on a pair of comfy bottoms and an oversized t-shirt. Anything to help ease my mind from the last thirty minutes.

With my damp hair clung to the fabric of my t-shirt, I don't even bother drying it. I head straight for the kitchen, desperate for some good food to feed my ravenous stomach. Growling so loud that I could feel it in my heart.

Nella, Hope and little Arlo are crowded round the kitchen table. Chatting away, feeding Arlo some mash potato and drinking peppermint tea.

I drag out a chair opposite them and choose to avoid their conversation, not that I had any clue what they were talking about. Hope sighs loudly and leans back in the chair. "You good, Cleo?"

My head nods in her direction and I focus my gaze on Arlo, grinning at his mother and then smashing potato into his mouth with his bare hands.

"What's wrong?" Nella's brows crease.

"Nothing."

They share a glance and Hope purses her lips, lifting her shoulders to release a shrug.

"I don't know where the hell Alfie and Kassian are," Hope checks the sports watch on her wrist, a look of confusion washing over her face. "They should have been back by now, it's been ages."

"I think Kassian needed an extra run," I mumble, folding my arms over my chest. Well that's what I heard him say as I turned away from him and walked back to the pack house. He wanted to blow off some steam from our conversation.

"Oh," she says shortly. "Still it's been almost forty five minutes, we've been training all day."

Nella waves it off like it's nothing. "Probably just having some guy time. Right, Cleo?"