Chapter 25

Vince leaves the door open to his study as he sits behind his desk. He rested his elbow on the arm of the chair and his chin on his knuckle.
He spent the last few days on the hunt and the last few nights on a killing spree. With his literal bare hands, he felt the last heartbeats of eleven Rogue members. The third spilled the beans about Axel's plan but none knew where Anderson was. The traitor was a spy, working with the Rogues all along. He was just beginning with his murderous rage but, Nya. No matter what he was doing or what mood he was in, he thought about her. He worried and wondered and to come back and find her being hurt was gut-wrenching.

Shay is now the snap of a thread away from being dead and if Bent hadn't stopped him she would be. He regretted going away but his duty was to his pack and in protecting everyone he is protecting her. He should have never marked her. Many pack members have seen the mark now. He didn't know what they were gonna think or what would be spread amongst the others.

He hears footsteps approaching and looks up to see Anderson walk into the room. He couldn't believe it. The fucker has a death wish. He rises.

"Everything okay?"

"Are you out of your fucking mind?" He approaches Anderson like he was stalking prey, which really he was.

"What are you talking about?"

He takes Anderson's throat in his vice grip and slams him against the wall. "You have the audacity to walk in here like nothing happened?" He clamps down, stopping his airflow. "You're gonna die..." He grits his teeth. "You touched her and I warned you. You betrayed our pack. You set me up."

"Holy shit! Alpha Vince!" Nya enters looking refreshed with damp hair and comfortable clothes, shorts, and a big t-shirt, and immediately she grabs onto his bicep. "Alpha Vince stop!" Her voice was better but was still hoarse.

He confusingly shifts his glare to her. "You're trying to save him?"

"Let him go! You're gonna kill him!" Her little hands pull with all her might. Of course, his arms didn't move but she kept pulling. Why does she want to save this snake?

"He is a traitor, Nya."

"No, he's not! Let him go!" She becomes more urgent.

He shifts his attention back to his victim and it was the shock of his life when under his death grip was not Anderson but his little brother. "Shit!" He immediately releases. "Bent!"

Bent grabs his neck and takes in a deep breath of air.

"I'm sorry, brother."

"What's gotten into you?" Nya stands between them as if she could do something if the two decided to fight. "You could have killed him."

"I thought he was Anderson." Vince backs away.

She furrows her brows "What?"

"It's the bane." Bent clears his throat. "It's making him hallucinate."

He could visually see the air leave her lungs. "Bane?"

"What are you doing here?" Vince goes back to his chair.

"I just-" she begins.

"Not you... you." He looks to his brother.

"I know it's not what you want here but I came to check on you."

"Have you set up the mines?"

"Yes sir, they have all been activated."

"Prep yourself, little brother... we'll be telling the pack soon...  they have a new alpha."