Interlude II: Captain Inam And Envoy

Near the seaside on the northeastern part of Central Island, Federal States of Icya, there were military personnel and an envoy who was conversing with an Iclylic warrior.

While the military personnel demonstrated his firing capabilities to the warriors on the side, shooting a target professionally, Captain Inam was confused as to why all Filipinos looked weird wearing their so-called advanced invisible exo-mech suit.

Though you may not notice at a distance, you'll see a strange transparent shade enveloping their entire bodies. Yes, they wear a protective armor advanced enough to contend with demons!

It has the same concept of exoskeleton which enhances one's physical strength —supports body weight, assists with heavy lifting, helps maintain loads, saves stamina, or stabilizes the user's body. Many of its systems assist the arms, upper, and lower body.

One can run fast as an ostrich, one can jump as high as twenty meters, and most importantly one can take damage to an incoming ten-wheeler truck!

Yes, that's why these Filipinos could fight a demon in a group! Together with their powerful rod-like weapons and their unwavering battle spirits, they successfully managed to defeat demons that all Iclylicians' knight force couldn't kill even one!

Although one may see them as vulnerable and defenseless because they don't wear any sort of armor, worry not, a single Filipino soldier could contend against a battalion of warriors!

Captain Inam wants to ask them about that invisible thing they wear but he resisted himself.

“Looks great, isn't it? Nice to meet you, Mr. Captain“

The Filipino envoy first engaged as he tries his communication skills through their language. He looks mature and timid yet his tone was of that young adult.

“Yes. The pleasure is mine.“

Although Captain Inam knows these people known as Filipinos and they were better than him and his men, he, however, expresses at least some equal standing to not embarrass his beloved country to not deliberately be seen as weak as a pitiful state.

So, he adjusted his tone to the level of ample dignity yet not disrespectful although this envoy isn't your easy-to-prick sensitive kid and one appointed by the President personally.

“Captain Inam of Royal Knights Third Brigade, Sir?“
“Newly appointed Secretary of Department of Foreign Affairs, Ferdy Marcos Jr. You may think of me as the leader of proxies representing our country. Mr. Captain”

DFA Secretary Ferdy Marcos said with a mature smile complementing his professional career and wisdom. Seeing this man of integrity, Captain Inam's heart and mind were amplified everything about the wonders of this beautiful powerful country, the presence of the heavenly empress at that time, military power through the use of the so-called- science and technology, and these lines of monster metal ships surrounding his beloved country.

“I don't know what bilateral talks took between our countries but I could only give sincere deep gratitude to the President and her Filipinos”
“Never think about it Captain, we are mere subjects to her excellence and we heed to her wishes”

Hearing that, a sudden thought cross his mind.

“The Federal States of the Philippines? Why not Philippine Empire and your ruler is called 'empress', right Sir Fredy? It's a bit contradicting as I heard everyone in your country can choose whoever they want to lead them“
“…”

The envoy showed him an expressionless face and about a minute passed, words he heard signaled him to not step any further.

“I prefer for Mr. Captain to give him some advice, as a foreigner, it is disrespectful to indulge in another country's internal politics, regarding the public's perspective on the international stage, it is viewed similarly as disrespecting the states' sovereignty and justice system. Without her excellence, we are nothing but trash of piles on lawless grounds…”

*bang* *bang* *bang*

“Capitalism, corruption, nauseating pollution, crimelords…”

*bang* *bang* *bang*

“No outsider knows just how thankful we are for her excellence, her being a king or emperor or world dominator? we placed our hopes on her hands and we don't feel or have the right to criticize her decisions”

*bang* *bang* *bang*

“She sullied her hands with millions to save millions and she sacrifice a lot instead of going abroad to earn millions of money. Do anyone ever think to save a rotten country that's been called the dumpsite of the world?”

*bang* *bang* *bang*

“How shameless. It's inappropriate for me to be a secretariat ambassador— we love her dearly. Forgive me, Mr. Captain, well… that's a cool sword. Can you tell me about it?“

As the demonstration in the center continued, the ringing sound of firing bullets makes him startled as he absorbed all those genuine words. Without making Fredy wait, Inam replies to change the tide.

“It's made by one of our finest blacksmiths, enchanted by our most talented sorcerer. I can split a boulder and still expect a perfect edge. Where's your sword sir Fredy, may I ask?“

“Well back on earth, we don't use them anymore including the post-20 weapons we gave to your country. That man of ours who shoots the target and carries the weapon in both his hands is an ai-assisted rifle. They shoot one of these small lead projectiles we call bullets, and they shoot them very rapidly at very high speeds. As a matter of thanks for helping her excellence, let me show you one.“

DFA Secretary Ferdy goes back behind a crate and brought the said weapon and stood beside the captain. He fired at a conveniently placed wooden target, destroying it.

*ratatatatatat*

“That is an incredibly loud weapon!“

Inam covered his ears immediately and crouched to the ground while a wooden target is torn down to bits. As far as one hundred meters away, Inam could tell that this man is a fighter too and has great aiming skill compared to archers he knows!

In reality, it was thanks to auto-aiming ai installed which makes him look like a professional hitman. Seeing the captain, Fredy smiled and said proudly unbecoming of his position.

“It sure is! As you can see, I destroyed that thing effortlessly, and if 300 meters away, it will still produce the same results. Still depends on whether the person is higher caliber than me who use this thing”
“I couldn't believe this doesn't operate on magecraft or sorcery, it's incredible. It would defeat even our best archer”

Inam clasped his mouth in astonishment and lately, he was terrified once he realized just how dangerous that weapon they called rifle is! They even said it was the weapons they didn't use anymore! Then what about they currently using!?

“That's not all, we hone small ones like these handguns, larger and longer ones like this 95D cal anti-materiel rifle, capable of shooting through 5 centimeters of steel, and there are even machine guns this ammunition up to 5000 rounds per minute.
“The sound of those numbers, I would despise going up against such a foe…”
“Won't blame you, Mr. Captain, I would too!“

Later that day, an unconventional friendship has born.