Forty-Six

[|]

"I asked you a question," she said in a strong tone, as if she was angry.

"Oh, I was looking for the bathroom and I came up here. I luckily found one," I replied and gulped. My heart was racing so fast because I felt our plan had been ruined.

"This is a private area. You can't just use any bathroom you see especially when it's just one," she said in an angrier tone which offended me.

"What's your problem anyway? I just needed to empty my full bladder. You didn't expect me to piss in a cup or something," I shot back at her and her stiff shoulders slackened.

"Look, I'm sorry. Tonight didn't end the way I expected it to end," Andrea said in a sad voice.

I moved away from the bathroom door and stopped a foot away from her. She sighed and looked at the floor.

"Lucas isn't happy and it's my fault," Andrea said.

"Oh... Why? Did something happen?"

Andrea raised her head and I saw an unreadable look on her face. She scoffed and lifted her hand into my line of vision. My eyes went wide when I saw my body wash in her hand. My heart began to beat faster and sweat broke out of my skin. I met her eyes and opened my mouth to explain myself.

"Do you think Lucas is cheating on me?"

I blinked at her question, not knowing if she was suspicious of it or something else.

"W-what what do you mean?" I asked.

"I found this in his bathroom this evening and I confronted him about it a few minutes ago since he was being a grouch because of a birthday party. He said it belongs to his sister. I know it's a lie and I hate when people lie to me."

I was lying to her and lord knows what she would do if she knew the truth.

"Lucas has been acting strange lately, almost as if he's lost when I'm with him but tonight confirmed it. He's cheating on me because he told me before that he doesn't have a sister."

Why would Lucas not tell her she had a sister now it came back to bite his sexy ass.

"That's sad," I said.

"Yeah, indeed it's so sad," Andrea replied and eyed me. "Anyway, you should leave his room. I have something sexy planned for him tonight."

My heart burned from what she said. I was jealous and I was not going to deny it. On this bed, they would have sex and I hated the image that was painted in my head. My eyes stung and I inhaled.

"I'll go... Bye," I said and brushed past Andrea.

I went downstairs and rushed out of the house. Tears began to well up in my eyes as my heart burned more. I hated how what they did affect me and I had a feeling it had to do with me falling for Lucas.

I leaned against a wall and took deep breaths so I could control the whirlpool of emotions in me. When I was calm, I sighed.

"This can't be happening. Why am I falling for him? No, I can't have feelings for him. There's nothing that shows we are compatible. Maybe what I'm feeling is just gratefulness or friendship feelings, even if I don't what that is. Yes, maybe that's it because I cannot like Lucas."