Chapter 35

Chapter 35: Konami Vs Joey

        Under the stares of the audience of the Duel Arena and the host, the red cap duelist Konami and Joey exchanged their cards to each other and shuffled them before returning them to their owners.

The two then decided who would choose the sides on the coin toss by rock paper scissors. Jonouchi won the game.

" Okay! I choose heads! "

The Host then performed the coin toss. It was tails.

Before the two got onto their respective duel platforms, the Host announced something important while holding a paper in his hands.

" During the duel, I would assist in explaining Mister Konami's card effects so please be prepared when the time comes. "

The red cap duelist nodded his head at the host. Whether it was a sign of gratefulness or gratitude no one knows. Joey then look at the red cap with a complicated expression before the host started to speak again.

" Now everyone here is the next duel! Duelist 125 from the Eastern Block Katsuya Jounouchi and also from the same block, Duelist 1023 Akai Konami! DUEL!! "

[ Akai Konami LP2000 ]

[ Katsuya Jonouchi LP2000 ]

" The first duelist who would take his move was duelist Akai. What would be his move? "

Under everyone's stare, the red cap duelist places a card on his trap & spell zone. To their surprise, both of the players on the platform's life points increase to 1000.

[ Akai Konami LP2000 → 3000 ]

[ Katsuya Jonouchi LP2000 →3000 ]

" An unexpected move! Duelist Akai activated his spell card which gives both him and his opponents 1000 life points! "

A card then appeared in the field in a set position.

" Fast and without hesitation, Duelist Akai set a card in defense position and ended his turn! Now, it was Duelist Katsuya's turn! "

" It's my turn! "

Jonouchi declared as he stared at his hand cards. He glances at his silent opponent on the opposite side who seems to look calm. Sighing and gritting his teeth, his luck wasn't good enough as he get a weak starter monster. But he wouldn't let things like this discourage him! He wouldn't admit defeat.

" I activate my spell card Hinotama which inflicts 500 life points damage to my opponent! Take that! "

[ Akai Konami LP 3000→2500 ]

" I set a card and end my turn! "

" Duelist Katsuya also set a card and ended his turn. Looks like our 2 duelists are very cautious and grasp each other move! "

Konami glanced at his opponent and draw his card while feeling secretly surprised inside his mind. It seems that Joey was starting to learn and grasp the card lessons given to him from both Yugi and his grandpa.

" Duelist Akai activated a spell card red medicine that makes it look like Duelist Katsuya's previous damage dealt with him uselessly! "

[ Akai Konami LP 2500 → 3000 ]

" He set a card again! Looks like he was in defensive or he doesn't have any good cards. Now it was his opponent's turn! "

" I DRAW! "

Joey declared as he stared at his card. Then a smile was revealed on his face.

" Okay! Here I go! Looks like my luck is at peak today and you're not. I summon a monster in attack position! "