Mission: Melting Sugar (Pt.2)

The day after that...

(Y/N) initiates to Plan C, hoping that this time will bridge the gap between her and Yunki.

(Y/N):
[Yunki. How does a peaceful fishing
trip sound? I'll send you the
address. Meet me there.]

"I have the americanos we'll drink all ready, so all Yunki needs to do is arrive!"

A hand suddenly reaches for one of the coffees. She looks up to see whose it is, and-

"Wow, you even have coffee ready. So thoughtful! Thank you." Seokjin compliments as he takes a sip of the americano. He stands there smiling. "Oh? Your expression says it all. Yunki said there was a great fishing buddy waiting for me."

(Y/N) felt despondent that her plan failed yet again. "Ah... I see..."

Seokjin grabs a fishing pole and pets the (H/C) haired girl. "I'll teach you a new appreciation for fishing today! Haha."

So that's how their fishing trip starts. And after a while...

Seokjin has a defeated look on his face, "Howw? We didn't catch even one fish..."

(Y/N) one-side hugs him, "It was still fun! I'll remember what you said today... that it's not about catching fish, but about waiting for the perfect moment."

"Haha. I'll catch you a fish THIS big next time. Just you wait!"

The two enjoy their minutes in each other's company, until Seokjin speaks up.

"That's that, but... Now that we've caught up. It's time to go catch Yunki, no?"

(Y/N)'s eyes widen at his words, "Oh... you knew?"

"I'm not the oldest for nothing!" Seokjin places his hand ontop of (Y/N)'s and gives her an honest face. "Yunki doesn't- scratch that, none of us hate you, Manager."

Emotion overcomes (Y/N) and makes it hard for her to respond.

"Well... we did dislike you just a little."

(Y/N) gasps at his statement, feeling her ears go red.

Seokjin throws his head back, laughing loudly at her flustered expression. "I'm kidding! Don't feel so anxious. Everyone goes their own pace. There are times when you change how you feel about something. But that's what being young is about!" His smile is reassuring.

She had a great time, but Mission: Melting Sugar is a resounding failure.

(Y/N) decided to take some more time for a walk to clear her head before she heads back inside. 'What could Yunki be thinking?'

Thump-thump, thump-
She hears a ball bouncing in the distance.

(Y/N) walks onto the basketball court to see Yunki standing there, breathing raggedly and drenched in sweat.

"Yunki." She calls out.

Yunki stops dribbling his ball and turns to see (Y/N). "Ah..."

'I must had caught him off guard.'

He shoots her a blank look and doesn't say a word.

Finally he breaks the silence, "Do you want to play a game?"

Some time later... (Y/N) flops onto the ground, out of breath.

"Ah... I'm exhausted. Hah..." She wipes the beads of sweat running down her forehead.

Yunki sits down for a minute right beside her. "I come here when my head feels cluttered. Shooting baskets makes me feel at ease."

(Y/N) chuckles lightly, "Yeah. It tires you out, but it definitely works."

Yunki chuckles along as well, until his smile is wiped away by a guilty look. "...I'm sorry. I just... I had no way of knowing for sure. I thought that hard work wouldn't betray me or the end result, but it did..." He grasps her hand tightly and stares deep into her (E/C) orbs, "...and even the person I thought would never leave... left. I couldn't handle it. It made me doubt music... I felt uneasy. I'm sorry for acting the fool."

(Y/N) looks at him empathetically, "Yunki..."

"I was even more anxious once you were gone! So this is partly your fault, okay?" Yunki smiles as he mock-scolds her.

(Y/N) laughs at his teasing and scoots closer to his side. "I can understand why you and everyone else would avoid me or dislike me after what happened that day. You were right, I left without putting up a fight. I failed you guys and felt as if I wasn't doing enough even though I thought I did everything I could. Plus, I couldn't really say anything to the company since I knew it would only make things worse..."

Yunki looks at her sympathetically, "Yeah, we couldn't stand our first few weeks of you not being here. It felt really empty even with the seven of us, some of us even had dreams where you were still right here in front of us, only to see you were still gone. I remember some of the members crying in their sleep the night you went away. When the company gave us that new manager, I didn't know how to feel, knowing that someone else was going to be around us, and it wasn't you. I'm not saying the new one was bad or did a terrible job, but they could never compare to you, (Y/N)."

(Y/N) feels her chest get warm as he says those words. She pulls him towards her way and gives him a tight embrace. "Thank you, Yunki, for giving me another chance. I'm so, so sorry for everything. I'm sorry for leaving. I missed the guys so much. I missed you so much." Her voice breaks, trying to hold in her emotions as she tightens her grip.

Yunki's breath shudders as he hugs her back, his hands rubbing her back in a circular motion for comfort. "I missed you too, so much. We all missed your good mornings, the days you spend time with us, your comforting words, your smile, your laugh, the energy you give us. You were there right on time when we needed you the most. And since you've been gone, it got so lonely without you here. I'm beyond happy you're back. Please promise you will never leave us again."

"I promise, with all my heart. I never want to go back to that dark place. Where I had no one in my life... I'm here to stay."

The two's embrace went on for a while until Yunki says...

"...Damn, you stink."

(Y/N) bursts out laughing at the comment, pulling herself back from the hug. She playfully bonks the top of his head, "Hey, now! You don't smell like a basket of roses either!"

Yunki laughs along with her, holding in his stomach from the pain of laughter.

(Y/N) feels giddy as she finally sees Yunki's gummy smile after such a long time, finally something comes up to her mind. "Don't you think it's even more beautiful because everything is so uncertain?"

Yunki looks at her weirdly, "Beautiful because it's uncertain? Your taste sometimes, Manager..."

"See, who knows? This moment might even be the most beautiful moment in life."

The sun paints the sky rosy colors as it sets beyond the basketball post. Yunki, watching quietly, breaks into a smile.

"Well, you're not wrong. This moment might feel more uncertain because you're young." Yunki gets up and grabs his basketball, he shoots from a two-pointer where he's standing.

Clink-
The basketball Yunki throws so easily spins on the rim, not quite bouncing out or into the basket.

"...Hwa yang yeon hwa, the Most Beautiful Moment in Life." Yunki recites the words silently to himself as he watches the ball fall into the basket. The thud echoing from the concrete floor.

"Hm? What?"

Yunki looks back at her, "What do you think?"

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
A/N: SPRING SEMESTER IS FINALLY OVER!!🙌🥳🥳 I know I've been gone for super long 😔 but now that the semester is over and it's summer, I got a  bit more time to make more drafts for next upcoming chapters. But I just wanna remind you all, I do have a summer job so the updates won't be too often but they will come up.

As always, I purple all you beautiful ARMY and have a safe and happy day 💜 🌸 🦋