♣️43.

I don't want to listen to any- " She was cut by maasi's words which made her blood go cold

" Your mother knew. I never lied "

Maasi's words rang in her ears , shooting an extreme look of disbelief her way , she crosed her arms . Gesturing her to talk , she tilted her head , but her body posture told she wasn't going to believe her even a bit.

" Go ahead, Throw away all the bullshit you have my way "

Karan and Pratik looked between the two of them , preferring to stay silent. This was not the time. The news hit hard and had stunned them both speechless

Pratik still wasn't clear. He needed the truth, he needed to know everything While All Karan wanted to do was take her in a comforting embrace and tell no matter what , he was here. She'll fnd him standing right beside her , at every step she would falter , he would be there to pick her up.

" I never wanted to do this . I never wanted to be a homewreker......
I didn't even know he was married the day he stepped in my village for the first time. He made it pretty obvious he wanted me , chased me , tried to pursue me....... I gave in , even though I was skeptical because he was a rich man. " Maasi was hysteric and gasping for air as she slipped to the ground.

Pratik ran and enclosed her in a hug comforting her but Teja remained blank .

" He impregnated me , it was hard to accept . .....I was just a young girl , unmarried and living in a village. Still i decided to keep the baby. He promised me he would marry me. He would come every weekend and would leave repeating the same promises. A few years later , he came. " Maasi gulped a little , the memories haunting.

" He came to take me and Umar with him. I agreed because only i knew how i was living with those taunts of people. It was difficult to live alone and raise umar without his father all these years. " Maasi sniffed and Teja clenched her fists tight.

She always knew he left them , but it pained more and more hearing it every single time. It reminded her of the life she and her mother couldn't have.

Though she loved her baba , and was thankful for him and pratik who came into her life after her mom's marriage yet she yearned for the father she had for the first few years of her life The father to whom she ran to for the smallest of things ,who taught her to walk , who lovingly tucked her in bed , who dropped and waited outsied her school on the first day of school because she was scared and crying.

" A few years after we came here, i got to know the truth that he was already married. He had left your mother , but they weren't divorced yet. I couldn't live with him after that teju........The monster that he was . If he couldn't stay loyal to his wife , how would have he been loyal to me ? I couldn't let my son stay with that man. So , i left , i left hi-

" Why would you come to my mother asking for a job ? Why would you make her suffer making her see your face ? Weren't you ashamed even a bit coming to my aai for help ? And my aii , being the kind person she was let you in " Teja shouted

" I didn't . Mai sirf maafi mangne ayi thi Naina didi se. Mujhe nahi pata tha ki Abhimanyu shadishuda hai. Mai is shahar me kisi ko nahi janti hi isliye apne gaon jane wali thi. Lekin tumhe pata hai tumhari aai kaisi thi teju , Unhone mujhe apne ghar me naukri di aur apna parivaar banaya. Aur mai unke ehsaan ko , aur tumne jo sab kuch mere liye aaj tak kiya hai kabhi nahi bhulungi. " She cried and joined her hands.