31. Alive But Dead Inside

Brokenness.

Scarred.

Emptiness.

The last time I got a feeling as this, was when my little sister died. Mum lost her senses on what was real and unreal. She became a vegetable. Not reacting to anything of the world.

She didn’t even cry. I was the opposite because I would openly sob whenever I got the chance to.

Moses would comfort me with sweet words, that my little sister got peace by dying. Even though he older than me with a couple of years, he never acted like it.

Maybe that was why I gained feelings for him, back then.

“Caspian…” I trailed on my words after settling him on the bed. But it was like he couldn’t even hear me.

“Caspian!”

He looked at me, with his silver-grey eyes encrypted with bewilderment. It seemed like he was afraid, of something. It made me wonder a lot.

What was he afraid of?

“You just made a mistake, Ava.” he mouthed off drifting away from me and walking to the other side of the room.

“W-What? How? He was hurting you, I had to step in.” I muttered, sitting on his bed with a hand on my stomach.

I hoped I didn’t do anything that affected my baby.

“Father wanted just one simple thing. An heir from a Queen. You shouldn’t have made him declare war.”

He stood up, pacing around the room saying. I watched as he put on his royal clothing, which swept to his feet in elegance.

“I have to stop him.” he said.

“Caspian.”

“He’s far too strong. He’ll destroy this Kingdom in a blink of an eye.” Added him.

“Caspian you need to brace yourself up. A mistake doesn’t warrant him treating you like that.” I stood up, rushing to him saying. “You are not a monster,”

I was about to reach out to him, with my hands on his shoulders when I heard him mumble something.

“You know nothing!”

I cringed my brows at his reaction that minute. “Then make me.”

“Get.Out.” he suddenly said.

His pupils dilated into a pool of black. I sniffled in hurt at his words immediately.

“I love you.”

My lips trembled as I said those words.

“I wish to be alone to think straight.” The beast let out, in a doubled tone.

“I miss you.”

With my heart clenching in hurt, I said.

“You’re not listening to me, Ava! Everything is dangerous!”

He let out a vicious growl this time.

“I want you.”

“Jaskier!!” King Caspian called out. His personal guard immediately rushed inside, with a bow. “Take Lady Ava to her quarters.”

“I’m sorry.”

I sobbed out, saying. “Even if it means being your concubine, I will be your concubine. Please…don’t send me away.” I said, with tears forming in my eyes.

I wanted to be with him. At his lowest moments. I wanted him to know we can fix this together. That it was all a puzzle piece like his mum had said.

“When I said that, you weren’t involved. He didn’t even know you were my mate. Now that he knows, you’re a target.” he seethed angrily.