T W E N T Y - S E V E N

R i c c a r d o 

As I sat alone in my office, I received a text message, that Luca is okay. Thank God, and I realise that I need to call my Dad. To tell him about Brielle and what happened earlier today, the girls are still asleep.

I type the number into the keypad and wait for the number to pick up.

Alessandro: Hello, Son?

 Riccardo: Hi Dad, How are You?

Alessando:Good, why are you calling, and I know it's not to ask me how am I.

Riccardo: I have big news.

Alessandro: Well what is it? I could tell he was getting impatient.

Riccardo: I got my little princess back.

The line went silent, and all that could be heard was the rustling sounds in the background and Alessandro calling out for his wife.

Antonia: Hi love, your father said you said something crazy.

Riccardo: I'm not being crazy, I have my little princess back, Brielle.

Antonia: Are you lying?

Riccardo: No mama, I'm not.

Alessandro: Were coming to America.

Riccardo: Dad, one more thing. Could you tell my brothers?

Alessandro: *Sigh* You haven't even told them?

Riccardo: That's not the only other reason I called....Raffaello is alive.

Alessandro: No, no he's dead.

Riccardo: He threatened Luca with a gun, he's currently at a warehouse.

Alessandro: I'll inform your brothers, make sure he doesn't escape.

Antonia: Wait, does he know about Brielle?

Riccardo: I'm unsure of that, I made her leave when we couldn't find Luca.  I told them about Ariana.

Alessandro: Did they take it well?

Riccardo: Bit of a rocky start, but there okay with it now.

Alessandro: We're on our way, all of us by the way.  We'll be there 3 days max.

Riccardo: Okay, bye love you guys.

Antonia: Bye honey.

I ended the call, and went downstairs. We would now be having dinner, when I supposedly entered I'd seen they'd been waiting for me. I took a seat at the head noticing the three empty seats. The maids entered placing the food infront of each us.

"I thought Grey, Luca and Angelo, would be back by now,"Bri Asks.

"Ah, yeah they decided to go do something, but don't worry they'll be back before morning, in the night I suppose, but you'll be asleep," I lie.

"Oh okay," Brielle responds.

"Well, I have something to announce,". I add.

"Huh, what?" Brayden asks impatiently.

"Your cousins, uncles, and aunts and grandma and grandpa, are coming to visit.

"What?" Leo asks stunned.

"When are they coming?" Ariana asks nervously.

"Three days,".

"I'm not even a part of this family, they won't like me," Heather says.

"Heather don't say that, they'll love you," Brayden says..Heather hides a blush but nods in thanks.

"Brielle are you okay?" I ask worried about my little girl.

"I'm okay, don't worry,". She says, playing with her food. I'll talk to her later, I thought to myself. I I'll let it go for now.

"Okay, let's eat,". We all dig in, captured by the food. Eating in a comfortable silence, I hoped Luca was doing okay.

We continue to eat, when the door opens. I think it's Grey, Angelo and Luca. They walk in and we can finally see them clearly. Luca has crutches and is being helped by Angelo and Grey.

"Luca are you okay?" Brielle asks worriedly.

"Yeah, fine," He grunts out in pain, they take him to the chair and they go to their seats. The maids waste no time in getting their plates.

"What happened?" Brielle asks.

"I just hurt my ankle, no need to worry Bri," He assures her. I see that Brielle is unconvinced by these words and just nods in response.

"Luca, Grey, Angelo, by the way, the rest of the family is coming,". I inform them.

"Where will they be staying?" Grey asks.

"Here," I respond without hesitation.

"Are you sure?" Grey questions.

I immediately know why he's questioning it but I reassure him, that it will be okay, well I hope. I know Brielle will like them as they already love her.

"Can I be excused?" Brielle asks.

"Oh, okay,". She nods and leaves walking up the stairs.

I enter my room and go to the bathroom, getting changed  into a fuzzy light brown cropped pyjama

I lay in bed, covering my self losing my self in my thoughts, wondering, thinking, hoping. I close my eyes, and hope to fall asleep. Quickly dozing off, I smile. And wonder what's to come in 3 days.