Chapter 1: Awakening to Another World

[Y/n's POV]

I feel so tired... my body seems to have given up, and it was not like I was resisting it either. The war that took many lives has ended, but it is not the end. During a few moments, I was able to catch a few details about our attacker.

Yellow eyes and white hair... Who were they? Where did they come from? My mind was filled with so many questions, but I had no energy to move. The surroundings felt so suffocating to me-as if I were drifting through the deep abyss of the ocean that I had fought through.

Is this how millions before me felt? It must be so lonely in the dark where no light reaches you... How fitting for someone like me, who has taken so many lives...

Their faces still stayed in my mind as I killed them. Pure fear, terrors, regrets and so many more... I didn't want to do it, but I have to! To protect those who are... who are... precious to me.

...

There are none that come to mind at all. My parents sought me to the government as soon as they discovered my power to save themselves. I was raised by people who only did it out of duty and thought of myself as a lesser being. I was considered an abomination. A creature that shouldn't exist. Yet here I am, drifting through the dark void that entraps me in its cold embrace.

As I drifted further into the void, a small, bright cube appeared before me. And with no notice, went inside my body. It was the last thing I remembered before I lost consciousness.

[Y/n]: "When I woke up, I met you. You tended to my wounds for weeks, and I can't thank you enough for your help."

Finishing telling my story, I look at the dark-haired girl with a pair of purple orbs. She had fair skin and was wearing a white hoodie and black pants; she also has a white tie that ties her long hair into a ponytail. We were currently at her house as I told her how I arrived at the beach near her house.

I learned her name was Elena

I learned her name was Elena. She just reached eighteen-years-old last month and planned to take an entrance exam next month at Azur Lane's Academy.

From what I've learned, this world wasn't the same as my previous one. The technology is more advanced than my old one; and although the geography is the same, each country has different names that are... unique.

The world also seems to be fighting against an otherworldly force, code-named: Sirens. With even more advanced technology than this world has ever seen, they dominated the sea and sky as little by little, countries fell, and humanity was on the brink of extinction.

It wasn't until later years in the war that scientists found an unknown object from a meteor that landed in the Arctic Ocean. And with it, they found a way to counterattack the Sirens once and for all.

Kansen or ship-girl—the physical manifestation of a warship from my world with the appearance of a female with rigging of their respective ship.

With them, humanity was able to push Siren back, and since then, the war has continued for 10 years until now. From what I have learned from Elena, the war between Azur Lane and the Sirens has come to a stalemate for three years, with no side having an advantage over another.

Azur Lane... A global alliance between the remaining nations all around the world with one purpose. To win the war and reclaim lost territories from the Sirens.

They comprise nine factions. Eagle Union, Royal Navy, Iron Blood, Sakura Empire and more. Honestly, I had a hard time ingesting all of this information when I first heard it. It sounds ridiculous, but I had no choice but to accept it after learning more about the world.

[Elena]: "No Problem! But what do you plan to do now? It's not like I can take care of you forever since I will be attending the famous World Maritime Academy."

[Y/n]: "Right... Are you really that confident that you would get in? I mean, from what you've told me, this 'school' is very hard to get into."

I was curious about the place where she would study, since I have never been to a school before; I wonder how it feels like to be surrounded by people your age.

[Elena}: "Although my skills may not be the best, I have been working hard for the past few months. I even got a recommendation from an instructor there!"

[Y/n]: "I see. Although this might be sudden, but can I come with you?"

[Elena]: "Hm? I mean, sure, but why though? Do you want to take the entrance exam with me or something?"

[Y/n]: "No, but you said the academy itself is like a floating city, right? I was planning on finding a source of income there."

[Elena]: "Do you mean you want to find a job there?"

[Y/n]: "Yes, that's the exact word for it. I can't rely on you forever since you would be busy with your... studies."

Remembering all the work they put through me, I couldn't help but feel relief that I no longer was in that horrible place. Since I have been given a new chance in this world, I would like to find my purpose here.

[Elena]: "Eh... Sure, mate, but how are you feeling? Do any parts of your body still hurt?"

[Y/n]: "No. My body is fine. Thank you for your concern, though."

[Elena]: "I see. That's a relief, then... Ok! Next month is when we're heading to the academy, so get ready 'cause if you're late, I won't be coming back after you!"

[Y/n]: "Ok."

[Elena]: "Ehh?! At least show more reaction on your face!"

That was how I ended up in this world. Though the future is uncertain, I feel like this is the right path for me.

Looking outside the window, I looked at the vast sea with a small smile. Something that I usually see every day could make me feel happy for the first time in years. Yeah... this is the right path for me, alright.

Thud! *

[Elena]: "Ah! I've spilled tea on my clothes, and it's hot!"

Looking at Elena, I sighed and helped her clean up. Something I've been used to now in the past week I've been with her.

[A/n]: "I write this for fun and to train my grammar, so this book could end up with tons of chapters or not. Be warned. Anyways, I hope you have a blast reading my first chapter even though it was not the best and I hope you stay and enjoy the rest of the story ;)"