The Truth Will Set Me Free

TRIGGER WARNING
TALK OF ABUSE AND INDIRECT STATEMENTS INVOLVING SEXUAL ASSAULT. PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION ⚠️

Zara POV

The next morning when I woke up, my eyes were burning from all the tears I had shed. Happy I slept through the night without nightmares. It must of been because I was exhausted. I looked to my right to find Declan fast asleep, his hand in my making me a tad uncomfortable. I hated that I felt that way, but all my trust I had in him and the others was long gone.

Declan must have noticed me waking up and slowly started to wake up himself. His eyes were red like mine and he gently squeezed my hand that was in his.

"Good morning Zara. How are you feeling?" He asked

I didn't replied to him just simply looked at his face. The face I missed dearly for over 2 years. I wanted to scream at him, let him know what I was feeling, but instead I simply stared.

"I know there is no words to tell you how sorry I am. I promised you I would come back to you, and I didn't. I thought you would be happier, I was so wrong." A single tear slipped from his eye.

I was tired of all the crying, tired of my tears. I open my mouth to finally speak the one person who always was supposed to have my back.

"I missed you so much. For 2 years I wanted nothing more than to just see you. You left me. I had nobody. I cried myself to sleep every night. Do you know what I went through after you left me?" My voice low, but composed.

I felt that familiar anger rise back up.

"It was fine the first couple of months. I thought this was my chance. Away from our father and our brothers, but I always hope you would come back."

"One night change my whole life. I thought I lived a bad life with our father, but what I wouldn't of gave to be back with him. At least you where there."

"Alexander is so much worst than dad. I woke in the middle of the night only to find a man in my room. That man took everything from me!"

My breathing started to get harsh remembering everything that happened in that house.

"Then night after night of being sold to man after man, I couldn't take it anymore. I wanted something to help me. I started smoking weed to ease the pain. It worked for a while, but it only did so much for me. I needed something stronger, anything. The pills did that for me. They stop everything. The made my mind stop working. They made the pain from the bruises go away, and all I could think about was being just like mom. But, unlike her I had nobody to let down, but myself. And honestly, I don't care what happens to me anymore. You should have let me go!"

I felt embarrassed after my rant, but I guess it was good to get something off my chest. The way it was going I thought I would have a panic attack, but I feel nothing. No pain, no heartache, no love, nothing.

I don't think I'm worth any tears shed by my brothers, and I don't think I deserve to feel love at all. I don't wanna feel this way, but it the truth. I just have to accept it.

The truth will set me free.

Hi Butterflies 🦋

I hope to enjoy this chapter and seeing more of what's going on in Zara's mind. Life will get better for her.

Leave you comments and let me know how you feel so far.

Bella 💙