Anemarin: Coming Out

Anemone

Today was the day.

Visiting day.

I mean, it's not like my mom didn't visit me every day anyways, but today was special. Tamarin and I had decided to come out to all of our friends and family together. I'd gotten sick of Seawings boys asking me out. And honestly Tamarin had attracted a couple rainwings herself. We were honestly the only inter-tribal queer relationship in the entitery of Jade Mountain.

It was a lot of pressure. Especially to hide it from Tsu. I could barely get her to leave me alone for 5 minutes to be with Tamarin.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. A small, blue and yellow dragonet stepped in. It was Tamarin. I rushed over to hug her. Her scales smelled of a million different kinds of flowers. Amazing. I was breathless.

"You look beautiful today," she told me, stroking my wing.

I rolled my eyes. "And how would you know?"

She batted her eyelashes. "Kinkajou told me." Kinkajou was the only one we trusted to tell about our relationship. We needed someone to help with couple's counseling. She also came out as pan a couple months ago. She was the perfect candidate.

"Did she also help you with your flowers? They're all matching! Plus, they bring out the yellow in your scales. My mom is going to love you!" Tamarin smiled, but I could see that she knew I was lying. My mother had never liked marrying outside of the tribe. She'd also never liked queer relationships. What we were doing was probably a disaster waiting to happen.

"Anyways, I came in here to tell you that everyone is gathered in the prey center. We're ready whenever you are," she said.

"Let's go then," I replied. I kissed her on the cheek and pulled her out the door. My mom needed to approve of this.

Time Skip Because I'm Lazy

I stood up to the podium and blinked the tears out of my eyes. We'd decided yesterday that it was just going to be me addressing everyone. Mainly because everyone we invited knew who I was. But also because Coral would likely take offense if she did not find out from me.

Tamarin gave me the thumbs up from the back of the room and the lights dimmed. A single spotlight pointed straight at me and nearly blinded me.

Tsu started clapping the second I opened my snout.

"Welcome? Uh-I'm Anemone. Wait, you already know who I am! Sorry I-" I stuttered. I was thinking of leaping off the rock when Kinkajou started screaming.

I couldn't hear what she was saying at first, but then Turtle and Qibli joined in. They were screaming my name. As part of a chant? "GO ANEMONE! YOU GOT THIS GIRL! WE LOVE YOU!" I looked at them incredulously and stepped back up to the microphone.

"Round of applause for my besties please!" I paused while everyone clapped and cheered. Kinkajou looked so proud of herself. "Going on. I gathered you all here today to confess something. Here goes. I'm lesbian," I stopped again to allow everyone to gasp. My mother looked incredibly shocked. She had her guards fanning her face. Ever since dad died she'd been getting more and more insane.

"For those of you who don't know what that means, it means that I like girls. Just girls. And I realized this after I met the most adorable, kind, funny Tamarin, who is now my girlfriend," I smiled while everyone else turned to stare at the beautiful dragon handling the lights. "Thank you all for coming," I concluded. Everyone was silent. No one moved a muscle. Suddenly Tsunami ran over to me and hugged me.

"How did I not know about this?" She asked playfully.

"I guess I'm just a good actor," I replied casually, rolling my eyes.

"I'm so proud of you. I just hope mom isn't out for your blood," she pointed at mom who was now throwing a fit in the center of the room. Her guards had swarmed her. "I can talk to her for you if you want," Tsu offered.

I shook my head. "As much as I appreciate it, this is a conversation that I need to have with her. I feel like she doesn't know me at all," I finished. Suddenly I felt a pair of arms hugging me tightly around the middle.

"Guess who?!" A voice asked cheerfully.

I instantly knew it was Kinkajou. I'm pretty sure she's the only one with a voice that high. "Kinkajou?" I turned around and hugged her back. Then I wacked her with my tail. "Your hugs are so tight! I could barely breathe!"

She laughed, but suddenly her expression turned serious. "I think your mom wants to talk with you." Just like she said my mom was storming over. Her earrings and jewels were a mess. She looked like a train wreck.

"ANEMONE! Come here RIGHT now!"

I shot Kinkajou a thumbs up and walked towards my mom, looking at the floor. She was so mad.

"Anemone, come with me right now," she said in a low voice.

"What? Where are we going? We can talk here, you know."

"We can also talk while we fly back to the Seawing palace. Let's go. This place has gone up and made you lesbean? Oh right lesbian. It doesn't really matter though, as long as it's reversible," She said.

I gasped and pushed her away from me. "I am not leaving, this is my home. And for your information I was born this way, nothing can change me. Not even your stupid rules about being royalty!"

She grabbed my arm and pulled hard. I fell to the floor. "You just haven't met the right guy yet!"

"So what guy do you want me to meet? Do you want the entire Seawing Kingdom to empty itself of young boys to find one suitable for me? Or do you just want me to marry a dragon that's about 20 years older than me?" I scratched her arm and she dropped her grip on me.

"I didn't want to say this but if you don't marry a Seawing male then you are removed from the royal family. Permanently!" She said shrilly. Everyone was staring at us. I needed to make my move now.

"Then maybe I don't want to be part of the royal family! I am so sick of everything always having to be perfect! If you love Whirlpool so much why don't you go marry him? Maybe it'll get your act together! We all know how broken you've been since dad died!" I screamed at her.

Despite her not being a Rainwing her face turned red. She opened her snout to speak but nothing came out. She was so embarrassed she turned on her heel and ran out the door. Apparently everyone was speechless today because I swear you could hear a pin drop in that chamber.

Then, out of nowhere the clapping that Kinkajou had received started up again. I could hear the sound of a faded chant in the background too. It was amazing.

Just because my mom didn't support Tamarin and I don't mean that the world is ending. I never needed to be queen anyways. I bet Glory would let me into her kingdom if I ever got married to Tamarin. She seems to be an accepting one.

Tamarin trotted up to me and kissed me. Right on my lips. Shrieks of joy could be heard in the distance but they didn't matter. It was only Tamarin and me in that moment. I know she's the one, I thought to myself.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I swear I'm such a fangirl. 

BUT I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE A FANGIRL!  

Anemone's my favorite character now. She was surprisingly easy to write about. Who's your favorite character?

Also this chapter was written by yours truly ✨ LEGEND KITTEN✨ *throws glitter*

Bye everyone!