Chapter 22:

Mu Hanfeng: "..."

He only felt that the breath he halted was stuck in his throat, and he couldn't get it up or down.

Tong Che waited for two seconds but did not get an answer from Mu Hanfeng. He looked up and found that his expression was inexplicable. Tong Che was at a loss, clutching his fingers and carefully calling out, "Teacher Mu?"

Mu Hanfeng returned to his senses, raised his hand and pressed the corner of his forehead twice, then looked down at Tong Che. His tone unconsciously contained two hints of admonishment: "What are you smoking for a child?"

Tong Che was stunned. He did not expect Mu Hanfeng to say this.

If it were a normal time, Tong Che would have said, "Okay, I won't smoke anymore," but not now. His head was too confused and he needed nicotine to calm down.

So Tong Che mustered up the courage to explain, "Teacher Mu, I can smoke."

"You can smoke?" Mu Hanfeng took a puff of his cigarette, tilted his head and exhaled a smoke ring, "I haven't seen you smoke at all."

Tong Che was a bit anxious. "No, I don't have any addictions, but now, now I..."

The more anxious he was, the more he stumbled over his words.

But Mu Hanfeng still understood.

If he said he could smoke, he really could. He usually didn't smoke because he wasn't addicted, but now he was in a bad mood and needed to smoke.

Mu Hanfeng could understand. But understanding doesn't mean that he would condone it. Smoking was not a good habit, and Mu Hanfeng did not want to let the little Omega dabble too much.

He took another cigarette out of the box and fed it directly to Tong Che's mouth, saying succinctly, "Only half a cigarette is allowed."

Tong Che couldn't help but laugh and cry. But half a cigarette was better than nothing.

When Mu Hanfeng saw the little Omega nodding obediently, he fished out his lighter again and prepared to light his cigarette.

This time, Tong Che was really shocked, and hurriedly turned his head to avoid it, "No, no need, Mr. Mu, I'll do it myself."

In his twenty-eight-years of living, this was the first time he offered to light someone a cigarette only to be rejected. The alpha factors that had been suppressed a little bit popped out again. He simply put away the lighter, his usual indifferent face showing a bit of anger, "Tong Tong, you won't let me use a lighter. Do you want me to give you something like this?"

As he said that, he stretched out his hand and wrapped the back of Tong Che's head to prevent him from moving. He lowered his head and used the cigarette butt that was burning beside his mouth to touch the cigarette beside Tong Che's mouth.

The tobacco burned, making a very subtle "squeak" sound, Mu Hanfeng was too close, and his breath was lingering in front of him.
Sponsored Content

It was like an ambiguous kiss.

It was as if Tong Che had been under an immobilisation spell. Mu Hanfeng had already straightened up before he choked on a mouthful of smoke.

He coughed, and then took another big puff of smoke in an attempt to hide the heat on his cheeks with the smoke.

As if he had no intention of doing what he just did, Mu Hanfeng changed the subject back to business and asked again, "What's wrong?"

Tong Che pursed his lips. As if being poured on a basin of cold water, his temperature instantly cooled down.