Going Deep!

*Jonathan,  you seem to be having difficulty accepting this latest information.*

Oh, you mean the news that the guy I thought of as Phone Guy turned out to be the son of a United State Senator, who shares his son's Ayran and white supremacy sentiments?!

*Yes, I am referring to that.*

My snarl does not require repeating.

*I do not understand why this information is causing you such duress.*

"Becky, Senators like Senator Byrne, who sit on sub-committees, are the very type of men we do NOT want to notice us! More than likely, he sits on a committee that is somehow connected with some of the very "off-the-books" kind of situations that were involved in trying to understand and control you!"

I could feel the tension rising up in Becky as he realized what I was saying.

*This changes things.*

How?

*We cannot continue with our intentions. There is too high a likelihood of our being discovered.*

So, we had to let the Skelters do as they wanted?

*I am also uncomfortable with that fact. But we must consider the impact of our actions.*

"I have, Becky, and I still think we need to do this."

*I have a say in this too.*

He was right about that.

I moved to the seat that had become our conference seat. This was where I sat when it looked like we were going to into a deeper conversation. Now, I sat down, looking at my reflection, eye to eye as I prepared for what Becky was going to say. 

*Why do you feel you have to do this, Jonathan? I understand how you value life, and how that drives you. But this is more than that.*

He was right.

This was more than just my belief that all humans had equal value. I felt a desire, a need, inside me to face the gang I thought of as Helter Skelters and stop whatever they had planned. But why? Why did I feel such a strong pull to do this? 

Becky's question was a good one, and I had to take time to think about it. I was not someone prone to crazy or reckless action; I was the type of person who thought things through, planned, then acted. But for some reason, I was almost quivering for action, wanting to find the Skelters and face them full on.

Why?!

And then it hit me.

"Before Zacchaeus needed it, God planted the Sycamore tree."

*I do not understand.*

"Something I saw one time, but it speaks to something I strongly believe in."

*Please, explain.*

"In the Bible, there is a story of a meeting between Jesus and Zacchaeus. Zacchaeus was a very short man and, to see Jesus above the crowd he had to climb a Sycamore tree that was nearby. When Jesus passed by, he saw Zacchaeus in the tree and called him down to spend time with him. The meeting changed Zachias's life."

*I fail to see the connection.*

"Well, in order for that tree to be big enough for Zacchaeus to climb it, it had to have been there for years. That means that God planned for the Sycamore tree to be planted in that exact spot years, even decades before Zachias need it."

*I still fail to see your point.*

I stood up, starting to pace the room as I spoke.

"You and I met over a year ago, by seeming accident; I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Then, you altered my body as a means of self-preservation and achieved wealth for me as I could never have dreamed of to compensate.*