5

Jackson was a wonderful person. He had this funny aura around him and he was just easy to talk to. For someone who didn't know how to start conversations, he was a perfect buddy. He was a huge flirt and in a good way.

I mean, healthy flirting never hurt anybody, right?

"Yes, babe, that's the one!" Jackson had been trying to teach me how to take a perfect picture of food and after like countless attempts, I was finally able to take one that looked professional and I was over the moon.

"Thank you much, J!" The reason why I was so happy to finally learn how to be able to take a good picture was because I was not natural with the cameras and I always wanted to know how people take these mouthwatering pictures of the ugliest looking dishes and now I had learnt the way.

"The pleasure is all mine darling. Now, if you can allow me to take a selfie with you then maybe we can call it even." He winked and I laughed as he took out his phone and took a picture of us.

He had his arm wrapped around my shoulder as we took a picture with him giving a smirk and me smiling, showing off my perfect dimples. We took multiple pictures, surprise, surprise and then finally selected one to upload on the social media. I could tell that we would be friends even after this video gets filmed.

The thought of it instantly dampened my mood.

Just then Talon arrived from his room and greeted us. "Is everything set for tonight?" Jackson asked while cleaning the lens of the camera, not bothering to look up. Jackson and his camera, a never ending love story. He was amazing at what he do.

"I guess, I've already talked to Celeste about it and unless there is a change in plan due to some unforeseen circumstances, no, we are all set." Jackson nodded his head and started humming a tune that I have no idea about.

Tonight we were going to go on a dinner date. Where it was held and what we were going to do was a surprise, obviously. Celeste and Drew would shoot their part of the video at a different location while we shoot our part of the video and then Jackson would collaborate and edit out the entire video and that would be it.

My time with Talon would soon be over.

There would be no more Talon and I.

A few hours, a dinner date and boom, I'd find myself on the front porch of my house with nothing but overgrowing love and respect over this man and silly, humongous crush that would probably have me die single.

My heart clenched at the thought of never seeing him again or never talking to him again. These few hours were the best hours of my life that I would never trade for anything. It still feels surreal to be around him and talking and laughing like best pals when in reality it was just a bunch of fake talks to get this video over with.

Talon was a wonderful guy, but it felt wrong to think about someone who was already in a happy relationship and I wouldn't want to hinder their relationship in any way by trying my odds out or be called a home wrecker.

That's one rough title.

Not that I've got that much of a chance to try my odds out in the first place.

Looking at the beautiful smile on Talon's face, I could tell that Celeste called and the trouble was gone. That and she removed the picture from the Instagram as well creating havoc over social media because we, as audience tend to hype everything up.

"Alana?" He called and my heart fluttered. Don't judge me, I was allowed to fangirl over him given that I have only a few hours left of the challenge.

"Yes?" I whispered.

Keep your self together girl!

"I never got to thank you properly." He said and gave me his thousand watt smile that had my body electrified.

"For what?" I knew for what, but I just needed a reason to keep this conversation going.

"For making my girlfriend understand my feelings, I wouldn't have been able to express that myself." He took a step forward and even though there was more than a comfortable distance between us, I took a step back and when even that was not enough for my fluttering heart, I turned my back to him and started pouring myself a glass of water.

I was trying, but I couldn't keep myself together.

"Oh, it's no biggie." I shrugged my shoulders trying to play it off cool when in reality my entire body was on fire.

"Are you okay?" He asked, standing right behind me. I could literally feel his presence behind me and it was making me go haywire.

No.

"Yep, perfectly fine."

Please go away.

"You look nervous."

You are making me nervous.

"Why would you think so? I am just thinking about what to wear as I've not brought any clothes and the outfit I am wearing ain't worth wearing wherever we are going to go tonight." Don't ask anymore questions, I can't take your cologne in anymore.

"You look perfect for the date." Damn you, Talon Stone!

A date with Talon, sounds so foreign to my ears. A fake date, but a date nonetheless. My cheeks were on fire and I was glad that I had my back facing him because then that would be embarrassing.

But no! That was not enough for him because he placed his hands on my shoulders and turned me around making me feel like a stupid teenage girl who was talking to her crush for the first time. I did not sign up for this. Why did Celeste had to drag me into filming this video? It was doing no good to my heart and I was an emotional mess.

Him being standing so close was messing with my brain and doing things to my heart and the rate at which my heart was beating was alarming.

"Are you nervous to be on the screen? I can tell how much you don't want to film this video and that you were dragged into this. I know Celeste can be quite stubborn when she wants to." I always thought he was observant from watching all those videos countless amount of times, but man, was he.

"No, no, it's fine." Please remove your hand from my shoulder, Talon.

"As much as I am happy to have you on this shoot, I wouldn't want you to force into doing anything you are not comfortable doing."

"It's okay."

"If you don't want to go on this date then maybe we can arrange something else?"

Why would I not want to go on a date with you?

"Talon, it's fine."

"So, you don't mind going on this date with me?" He asked again making me reply firmly, "No, Talon. I don't mind going on a date with you, I'd love to."

"Then why do you sound nervous talking with me? You talk perfectly fine with Jackson." Because I am in love with you dummy.

"Because I am not that much of a social person so I don't know how to spark up conversations. It's easy with J because. . . I don't know, it just is." I stopped to look at him straight in his beautiful warm eyes and continued, "Yes, being in front of the screen is not exactly my cup of tea, but I don't mind sipping it every now and then. Plus, I'd do anything for C, even if it means putting myself in uncomfortable positions." I finished and passed him a small smile.

"Like acting like a possessed sister to get her free from a boring date?" All the colour drained from my face, except for the pink on my cheeks because of the embarrassment that I was about to face, "She told you that?!" I exclaimed.

"Yep and that you celibate."

"CELESTE BRACK!"

•••••••

Am I too late?