chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

WHO IS NIRJALA?

NIRJALA's DIARY

CHAPTER 1

Well hello everyone, I am Nirjala a typical Indian girl from a middle class family. I was born in Varanasi since it is my native place where my grandparents and ancestral place is located at. But since my family shifted to Delhi, I am brought up at Delhi. I am presently in my 8th class venturing and dreaming of the day when my goals would come true.

Well let me tell you about my family, my father being a graduate moved to Delhi all by himself when I was not even born, since my father was not around my grandparents as well as my uncles and aunts treated my mother very badly. My father would visit us once a two years but my mother never told my father being mistreated by his family, until one day she could not take anymore and she passed away and my father came to know she passed away due to the tortures laid on her.

My father was furious and he took me and my siblings to Delhi with him. Since we were very small and one of my sibling was a new-born my father decided to marry again. So hence I got a stepmother. At beginning she was very good to me but she gave birth to her own children she started mistreating me, she forced me to skip classes and help her to do home chores. When father came to know of me skipping the classes he was very angry with me and he even hit me. But not even once my stepmom came to my rescue instead she infuriated the fire burning in him by telling him I had become disobedient and never helped her in the kitchen and always played outside.

While the reality was opposite, I did all the kitchen chores .I cooked food every day, I cleaned vessels washed clothes and even cleaned the home. I always respected father so I decided against speaking and bore all the tortures laid on me .I silently prayed to god to take away my sufferings away, but didn't know god has decided against it.

One day as usual after completing all the chores when I ran to my school, I was caught by principal for coming late. When the principal asked the teachers about me they informed him that I was good in studies but I would either came late or would be absent. Hence the conclusion that I was an irregular student. The principal decided to write a letter to my father for asking for an explanation.

When letter came to my father he being a hothead removed me from school. His point of view was when I didn't want to go to school then why should he waste money on such a disobedient child. And that was the day my wings were chopped away, my dreams were shattered. How I wished I would become a teacher after my studies and now I was prisoned in my home without any mistake of mine.my stepmom's torture increased day by day.my father seemed to have forgotten that I was still his daughter, he not even acknowledged my presence. Seeing this my stepmom got encouraged more to make my life a living hell.

One day I made a decision ,since here is also a hell ,I would go to another hell where at least if I work like donkey at least I will be given three meals a day.so I decided I'll return to Varanasi where I would at least have my grandmother to rely on. When I told this to my father first he was furious and he verbally accused me of so many things but when I went on hunger strike and stopped doing chores at home then my stepmom thought it was waste of her resources to keep me here , hence she told my father to send me to Varanasi.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHORS NOTE

what do you think will Nirjala find her freedom in Varanasi?

to find it out stay tuned to the further chapters and don't forget to vote.