Chapter Twenty

"It's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs."
- Han Solo

❆ ❆ ❆

Oriel was duelling with Boba, for training purposes, in one of the empty rooms on the cruiser.

"Don't be so tense. Loosen up." Oriel instructed as Boba was too stiff so Oriel was easily slipping past him. Boba took his defence position again and so did Oriel.

Oriel had her special stance where, with her right hand, she held her white saber horizontally above her head and her left arm was placed horizontally just beneath her chin so she was balanced.

She swung at Boba who blocked it and pushed his saber forwards to throw Oriel off balance, now he was loosened up so he effortlessly swung his blade in front of him to show off a bit while Oriel focused again and he went straight for her throat.

But Oriel was quicker and knocked his saber away from her neck and swung at his side but stopped when she realised Boba was going to block it and she didn't want to actually hurt him.

"Your skills are impressive but, by the looks of it, your needs to show off are greater than the need to live." Obi-Wan said to the boy who retracted his lightsaber in annoyance.

"Obi-Wan, what did I say about scolding my padawan?" Oriel said sternly to Obi-Wan. Oriel had let Obi-Wan stay in the room to watch her train Boba, but it turned into Obi-Wan telling Boba off even when he was doing well.

"It's true though, if he didn't do his fancy swings then he would've pinned you." He defended.

"Even if it is true, its my job to tell him off, not yours. You had your turn with Anakin, now let me have mine with Boba." Oriel went on.

Then, the floor under Oriel's feet shook violently and she fell on her face. She also heard two other thuds in the room.

"What in the blazes in going on?" Obi-Wan groaned, rubbing his head, Boba mirroring his actions.

"Let's go find out." Oriel said standing up and speed walked down the hall with her padawan and boyfriend in pursuit.

Halfway to the bridge, the three were thrown five meters forwards and Oriel slid across the glossy white floor. Then a group of clones came jogging around the corner.

"General Dune, are you alright?" Rooster asked, putting his hands under her armpits, lifting her up to her feet.

"I'm alright, I'm fine. But what's going on?" Oriel asked, shooing Roosters hands away, not wanting help.

"We've entered the atmosphere to Kamino. We're making our way to the planet's surface but we're right in the centre of the battle in space." Rooster informed as they continued their journey to the bridge.

When they arrived at the bridge, Oriel was met with the site of more than ten separatist cruisers and thousands of clones battling droids and this was just the space battle.

Obi-Wan grabbed onto Oriel's waist to keep himself and her steady as the ship rocked again.

"Sir, that was our shield generators." A clone from below said urgently. "We're completely vulnerable." Admerial Block looked devastated at this news and looked back out into space.

"Sound the evacuation alarm." He said calmly, not taking his eyes away from the window and Oriel knew why.

"Let's get you to a ship admiral." Oriel said sadly, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"You are very kind m'lady. But you know I can't do that." He told her and Oriel knew it was no use. It was almost the Admerial code. The pilot goes down with their ship.