Chapter 72

Chapter 72

I didn't know what her name was.

"Casey..." Xalorad mumbled while lifting his hand away from mine and walking towards her. "What are you doing here?" He seemed shocked.

Casey. That was her name. We all heard about her but never really knew her name or anything else.

"We have to talk," She stood up from her seat. "Alone." Her eyes drifted to me.

A burning feeling rose inside my chest. My gut-instincts told me something was going to happen, something horrible. I stood on my spot, not moving. There was a voice in my head, growing louder.

"What do you want to say?" He asked, raising a brow.

"I think she should leave, Xal." His Mother spoke, looking at me for a second with sympathy and then back at her son. Whatever she had to say, she knew.

"No, it's fine." Xalorad said, abruptly. "What is it?"

There was a long, stretched silence in the room before Casey opened her mouth and blurted out, "I'm pregnant."

I drifted my eyes shut closely as my shoulders slumped. Confused raced across my skin like a lightning in the sky. I took a deep breath and turned my head over to Xalorad. He wasn't confused of the words he had just heard. Instead, he was startled.

It made me assume a whole lot of things.

"That's impossible." He scoffed. I thought too.

Last we ever heard about this woman was a year ago, when she left town after being disgraced and bullied. I had never even seen her around in town over the past few weeks.

"It is." Casey smiled, rubbing her belly.

"I should go." I quickly said, turning around and finding my way out before thing got any more awkward.

Xalorad came behind me, "Marissa. Wait."

I stopped outside, under the pouring rain. Inhaling a bit of cold air, I straightened my posture and looked at him. "How is she pregnant? Because I thought you would have left your 'dungeon games' behind by now." I asked. It was better to hear the truth than run away from it. I had an enough fair share of lies.

"I did!" He exclaimed. "She was in town—"

"So fucked her?"

"Marissa."

"How long ago was this?" I furrowed my brows together. A pregnancy could only appear after two weeks of having sex and the woman inside wasn't showing at all. I just wanted to know whether he did this all before we got together.

His mouth twitched before he replied, "It was on the same night Selene told me that you were my mate."

The same night where I waited for him for hours before leaving with a random stranger who turned out to be Artemis, the same night she marked me in my drunken state.

"Oh..." A soft growl escaped my lips. I was pissed.

His hand lengthened to grasp mine but I pulled away. "I was just confused that night and I wasn't ready for commitment. She was just there when I returned from hell—"

"No, no!" My expression tightened. "You learned I was your mate and you went ahead and slept with another woman. Who does that? I thought I was being the wrong here by getting accidentally marked by some other woman but you were literally knocking someone up while I was waiting for you."