101

He didn't handle it right.

The thought that kept him up all night. He had stormed out giving his final verdict, proving his dominance in result to his hurt ego. Her rejection. Rejected when even he knew he would have not done anything harmful. That she felt uncomfortable.

But as he lay whole night tossing and turning, his mind settling down, he revised his words. No flaw. He found no flow in his sentences. Sort of.

He was not going to sleep with her, he just kept a hand.
He had felt guilty and wanted to explain himself and apologies but was not given a chance.
He was her husband and it was his right even if the " love " was lacking.

Everything he said to her was right but is this how he had brought her up ?

That he could just touch her every where because he had no further intensions or bad one.

That as he was her husband, he could just do what he wanted.

What did she ask for huh ? What ? To touch her like that only if he falls in love. Was that wrong ?

Was it ?

No !

He said a married couple does have a right to this but when had he ever treated her like a wife ?

He was hurt today that she didn't trust him enough to give a plausible reason, she was wrong that way. But when did he teach her the right way to conduct a real marriage ?

Never !

She was his student. If she misunderstood something, whose mistake was it ? Who was responsible for correcting her ? Yes he had put up logical points, correct points but what of her emotions ?
His eyes...
She was scared because of the absence of love in them. If not love atleast acceptance she should have seen but she was shown nothing.

Nothing...

Even if she was wrong to run away, it was his fault. Even if he had the last say in the matter, his apology was still left.

Neither was he guilty of touching her nor were his emotions wrong. The words he used were not right. He was angry. He needed to set it right. He needed to say sorry for behaving like that and make her understand things all over again in the soft approach of her Shiksha Babu.

Bondita was preparing for aarti. She slept quite well. In all that happened yesterday her worry was he would become distant by the reaction she gave. He would step back and all that they had been doing to get more open with each other would go down the drain. But he didn't. Infact he said he never wanted those things to stop. That he considered her his wife and wanted it to stay that way. Even progress. She didn't respond well. She should not have run away. She should have placed what she felt infront of him boldly. That she didn't think it was right. But...it didn't even feel wrong.
Uncomfortable... really ?

Had he ever made her uncomfortable ? He had said to her it was the last thing he ever wished her to feel in his presence. To think of it now...did he really make her uncomfortable ? Did she really feel that way ?

Bondita didn't notice her surroundings much as she stepped out of mandir. Only when she realised her slippers were gone did she understand how absent minded she was right now. " Where are my slippers ? Bhari Babu ?"

" I...I didn't see anything Malkin." He said turning away.

" Stop Bhari Babu." He definitely saw something. " Who took them ?"

" Uhhhh..." He glanced behind the pillar. " I saw nothing !" And went away. Both hands on her waist, she approached the pillar. No one. And then there he was. Little culprit. Batuk standing on the main gates.