Chapter 4- Lotto by EXO

A/N:  Just a couple really quick things.  

Is everyone able to read the point of view banners/font okay?  Is anyone struggling with it?  

The second is a good thing.  I'm 6 votes away from reaching 50 votes on this story.  Once that happens I will be posting a celebratory chapter.  Which means possibly even before the end of the day Chapter 5 will be up.

3719 Words

Posted 5/20/22

October 18th

There is a god awful banging in my head as I open my eyes to the still darkened room surrounding me. It takes me a few minutes more to wake up enough and realize that the banging hasn't stopped, and it's not actually coming from within my head at all. It's coming from my door. Before even addressing whoever is making that racket, I grab my phone and glance at the digital display. Six in the morning?!? Who on Earth would bother me this early?

I tear myself out of bed and trudge slowly over to the door. When I stare through the peephole all I see staring back at me is a large blue eye. I continue to stare hoping the person will move back enough so I can make sense of who is actually disturbing my sleep. Granted I wouldn't be so grouchy about being woken up if I had been asleep for more than three hours. The excitement of waiting on my soulmate marks was a bit too much for me. Almost like a kid staying up all night on Christmas Eve, only for me it was a whole lot more important and exciting than attempting to catch Santa Claus leaving gifts under the tree.

A series of rapid knocks vibrate against the door before a voice calls out from the other side of it. "Come on, Lily. Open up."

I roll my eyes when I am easily able to connect the oversized eyeball and voice coming from the other side of the wooden barrier between us. Raina.

I open the door and she traipses in as if she owns the place, which kind of makes sense since her family happens to be rich. She technically owns the café I work at, but she doesn't do anything with the business side of things. She simply wanted to own a place where the staff would know what her order was without having to ask her every single time she stepped through the door. I already know exactly what she is about to say to explain her reason for showing up on my doorstep this early in the morning. I also know I would be doing her a notable disservice if I didn't allow her to deliver the dramatic spiel for herself.

"I swear that the other barista doesn't know what he is doing. Why on earth did the morning manager hire him? He's completely incapable." She pauses for a moment, waiting for me to reply to the question that I obviously have no answer to. "I swear unless you are the one working when I go in for my morning latté the concoction ends up tasting like dirt." Over exaggeration, but again she is prone to theatrics, and it's most definitely easier to let her have them. In fact, I'd have to admit, it's part of her charm and a key element of her colorful personality. "Why aren't you working anyway? You don't normally end up with two days off in a row."