Chapter 57

" What?! " We yelled in unison as we stared at Gerwitz in disbelief.

" Pops, what are you talking about? What merging?" I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion.

"Did you forget that he also mentioned that the tournaments would be reinstated? Not just one but there's another tournament?? Continued? How? We are merging with The Whytemoon Academy???" Morgana, one of the chairpersons of the student council pressed by asking multiple questions.

"Was it already approved? Why should we merge with them in the first place? It never happened before." Ty asked.

"*sigh* Calm down students, we shall explain."  Gerwitz sighed.

" The noble council usually are the ones who assign which academy shall merge as part of their co-habitation program to promote cooperation within different communities. Rarely do they bother with large and famous Academies, but we are not sure why they chose Crestbreeze and Whytemoon. " Gerwitz said.

" So following that, half of our Academy's population shall be heading to Whytemoon. We do not hold those who will be sent but we can pick who is needed to be sent. Of course, Whytemoon shall be doing the same. " Lady Freya explained.

" The Tournaments that would be reinstated are the Great Magic Tournament, Golden Battle Competition, and the Le Concours du Grand Prisme. Like earlier, we are also unaware of why they declared that these would be reinstated in three weeks. Though when you compete, you will still be representing Crestbreeze. " Count Fiedrich broke it down.

" I see, I assume I am not to be sent to Whytemoon? " Sir Albercht asked with a head tilt as he was in front of us Student Council.

" Yes, but those who must be sent to Whytemoon are half of the Student Council. They are Lady Amara Piltervon, Lady Selina Winterberg, Sir Tybalt Illyaz, Lady Chryza Einzbelv, and..Princ- *ehem* Lady Euphemia Svetlana-Crestbreeze. " Lord Remy coughed.

I moved my gaze to Gerwitz and he avoided eye contact. Is it really a coincidence that he chose all of my friends in the student council to go to Whytemoon?  Hm..I think not. 

" Why must Euphemia also be sent to Whytemoon? I will gladly take her position! " Mannix, one of the disciplinary officers yelled as he narrowed his eyes at the board chairman.

" I agree, there shall be no need to send Lady Euphemia, especially to those entitled br- *ehem* Excuse me, I meant to the Whytemoon Academy since there are already many of us going there. " Sir Edmund, another of the chairpersons of the student council blared.

" Students of Crestbreeze are already very capable of keeping their discipline hence why I also agree with them. " Mara added.

"...Lady Euphemia, are you alright in being sent to Whytemoon?" Lady Freya asked while they all stared at me awaiting my response.

" ..Am I written on the list given by Whytemoon for mandatory attendance? I know that those do exist after all. " I asked.

" Y-Yes."

" Then I shall go, there is no harm done and I assure you that I will be alright. " I said with a smile.

" Truly? You are comfortable heading to Whytemoon? " Sel worried.

" Indeed I am.

" If that is your wish then we shall proceed as what you have said.

We then continued the discussion on how we will push through it. Those who were said to be sent to Whytemoon that were part of the Student Council will be led by me as I am the Vice President once we are at Whytemoon. 

There will be a ball after the receiving ceremony to celebrate the merging of both academies. There will be one at Crestbreeze and another at Whytemoon but we will be attending the one at Whytemoon. 

Many of the club heads will also be heading to Whytemoon and will switch positions with them one of them being Basil. So the first ones who will be at the front during our arrival at Whytemoon will be Albercht as he still needs to do a speech.

At the back of all the students is where I will be, as one of the highest members of the Swordsmanship club and the Vice President of our academy, I will be positioned at the to stand guard for any demons or monsters while Selina will be guarding the far-right and Basil the far left.

We will be utilizing our new invention which is the floating orb, it is quite invincible but it is an invincible surveillance system that would be hovering above the students. The orbs multiply on their own and spread out to needed places.

As we are carrying the majority of our population, many of the flying carriages are bought for this year's event. It all came out of the Academy's fund which didn't take a huge toll on it.

While finalizing our plan, Gerwitz asked me to talk privately.

I entered his office and there stood Brother Seisyll with tea.

" Pops, what's up?" I asked and sat down on the sofa which Brother Seisyll handed me my tea.

" The Emperor has ordered you to stay at the Imperial Palace during the Merge and not in the dormitory," Gerwitz said and I just blinked at him.

" ..You're..joking right?" 

"Unfortunately, I am not."

"Why..Why would the emperor at this time want me to stay at the Imperial Palace? I will be perfectly fine at the dormitory. Plus, I am your daughter and not theirs."

"Though you may be right, but I am nothing more than your foster father on paper. Biologically and written on the record, you are still the First Imperial Princess of the Svetlana Empire." 

"*sigh* Is there any possibility that I can refuse this order?" But then he just shook his head. 

Odd, is that brat's charm magic fluctuating again? and of all times why now?? Why on earth should I stay in the Imperial Palace? I will feel as if I'm being watched for my every move if I do so. What are even the benefits of staying in the imperial palace in the first place? 

I suppose there would be a better mattress and personal space, a garden perhaps, delectable high-end meals, large and warm baths, leisurely expenditure of time, peace and quiet...On second thought, it sounds quite nice.

"Alright, I will be staying there then.."

"Don't worry child we will visit you, along with the twins. They'll complain if I do not bring them along." He laughed.

"I truly am not excited about this.." I sighed.

In the span of three days, we will need to prepare a moving plan as well as assign temporary positions for the student council to different trustable people. Thankfully for the upcoming tournament, we have prepared beforehand as we were supposed to hold an inter-campus competition but we shall continue that at a later time.

For now, we have to get ready.

To be Continued . . .