Chapter Fifty-six

Sam Lewis 🍓.

   "Don is really spoiling us." Auntie sighed as we glanced at the parcels his messenger left for us this morning too.

His give–aways had started consistently since last week, ranging from foodstuffs to cookware, brand new clothing specially selected from Victoria's secret, home appliances, a cheque for my aunt and uncle, and the plasma flat screen television he sent just yesterday which Auntie had arranged for  to be pushed up at the living room without further ado. The old one was currently at her bedroom.

"If he continues like this, he's gonna hit bankruptcy."I slumped on the sofa, looking at the black credit card he sent for me, attached to the yet another apology note he had written.

    "Don't be worried about that at all! Bankrupt? Do you know how freaking loaded their family lineage is? Spend his money, girl!"

   "It's too much... he's spending too much. I don't want it to seem like we've become some burden on him or something."I mumbled because the fact that he was spending too much on me was enough to generate mixed feelings and make me uncomfortable.

Like I was imposing on his wealth.

"Ho! As for you,"she shook her head, goggling her eyes at me,"you're his daughter oh. It's his right to take care of you! Something he should have done a long time ago. So if his sense is now back and he's showering you with his money, allow him! Did you go beg him you wanted all these?"

I shook my head quietly.

"Aha! So if he is doing it willingly, let him! Besides aren't you his responsibility? Clear your doubts and enjoy cause— it's your time!"

  "Alright, alright,"I sighed in agreement so she'd stop shouting and disturbing the neighbouring houses.

"I'm just not used to such a life that's why but I'll adjust."

    "Better!" She smacked her lips.

"Don't feel the slightest pity when spending his money because he has moneyy and so far as he is willing to pamper you with it, don't you dare make it slide. You should consider this as his way of appeasing you for all he has done."

   "Mmm. Le sigh, do let him know I'm thankful when he calls."

   "Sure, sure. He left for India yesternight or so, I think. These money thirsty people,"she shook her head,"they can't sit their butts at one place."

I snorted, picking briefly at my nose.

"Talking of travels, my friends and I are planning to hang out and have a sort of sleepover from Thursday to Sunday so..."I trailed awkwardly.

   "Friends? Funny, I thought the white head was your only friend."

                           💀🙂

"Nay. I got other friends too. Um, we'll be hanging out at Florida. For three days."

  "Florida? Why the distance?"

"Er, that's where my friend's beach house is and there'll be a party which we got an invite for."                                                                                      I went on to explain the nature of it to her.

   "Ohh... so you'll be sleeping over afterwards, correct?"

I nodded.

"Yeah, they have rooms. We can't possibly be on the move from NY to Florida and back for three days. It'll be stress."