Chapter 69: Modern Day Life Graduation Trip Part Three

A/N: Hehehe we arrived at the chapter with the best title XDD Here follows the next part of the first day of the trip! Please enjoy!!!

"Oh look, that's our next stop!" Hinata said, pointing out the window of the Yui Rail at the orange-red castle that stood out vividly among its surroundings. Emilia, Rem, and Beatrice, turning around in their seats and following Hinata's finger, looked toward the direction and found the ancient castle coming into sight. Ram, standing behind the three girls, looked very intrigued by the sight as well. "We have already seen the appearance of the castle on the tour guide you made, but Ram must say she still finds herself very surprised at a castle looking like that." Ram said with her eyes widened a bit more than usual.

"Ah, I understand." Subaru said, chuckling. "You four must find it odd seeing castles built out of wood, I assume. After all, the castle you're familiar with is made with very different materials, like marbles right? And in a very different style." He said, and Ram, surprisingly, gave him a docile nod in agreement. Subaru suspected that her good mood was the result of her dissing him quite a bit earlier as well as the fact that he was wearing the T-shirt that read 'do-hentai' and decided not to poke her more for now.

Moments later, they heard the speaker telling them that they were approaching the station and reminding passengers disembarking not to forget their belongings. With a small lurch, the train stopped at their station, and the eight got off the train, heading toward the Shuri Castle Park together. After a short walk, they were greeted by an uphill path that had a seemingly everlasting line of stone walls. "And here, we enter the Shuri-jo Site. I trust that you all have a general idea about the info about the castle, but as your tour guides and lecturers on knowledge about Japan, we'll be feeding you everything you need to know about the Shuri Castle whether you like it or not. Bear with us, minna!" Subaru said, grinning and raising his fist at Hinata. "Ou!! Whether you like it or not!!" Hinata added, fistbumping with Subaru. "You repeated the wrong sentence stupid!!" Subaru shouted as Hinata burst into laughing.

Ignoring the two, Aki and Haruka took over the lecture. Emilia and Rem were smiling and waiting for them to start while Ram heaved a sigh at Subaru and Hinata. As for Beatrice, she temporarily detached herself from the group to stop Subaru and Hinata from messing around further. "Something to know first, the Shuri Castle was listed as a world heritage site, but the castle itself actually isn't ancient. It's been rebuilt several times due to the several rather violent historical events that took place here." Aki said, and Haruka pointed at the stone wall beside them. "The wall, nevertheless, is the relic, built about four hundred and fifty years ago." She said as the group walked along the path.

Subaru and Hinata, after getting karate chopped by Beatrice on the waist, returned to the group. Walking beside Subaru was Emilia, who was wearing a peculiar expression. "What are you thinking, Emilia-tan?" Subaru asked. "This is the relic of a kingdom from four hundred and fifty years ago, isn't it? I just find that... I'm not really sure how to describe what I'm feeling now, but I guess it's awe that I feel in my heart." She said, turning to Subaru. "...Ah ah, it is very impressive." Subaru said. He guessed that Emilia was feeling that way because the castle here alone had a longer history than that of Lugnica itself, at least the Lugnica that was recorded in books and documents.

They walked on, and at the same time, Aki and Haruka continued telling them more about the castle. "Ah wait, are you four familiar with Japanese history? You transferred to our high school so you probably didn't learn much about Japanese history, did you? That's taught in elementary and junior high school here." Aki asked as the thought occurred to him. "Well, when we got here, Subaru taught us several important Japanese people throughout the history as well as the time periods they were alive, oh, and some well known historical events too, but we didn't go into the details." Emilia answered, and Rem, Ram, and Beatrice nodded.