Part 10

Sana's P.O.V. 

The morning mood was already off to a great start and I hoped that it remained like that. I really didn't want anything making me angry or annoyed. I sat in my room with my phone and was talking to Abhi on video call. "Then, he left the club. Oh my God you should have seen how he burst out of there," he said. I laughed. "And what did your father do when he found out this?" I asked. "What will he do? I told my team strictly to not tell Dad. But seriously, that girl was worth the fight," he said. I shook my head. "Abhi, you and your playboy nature," I said. "So, you also play with guys. Do you remember our trip to Italy and that Italian boy at the restaurant," he said. I held my stomach and laughed loudly. "Oh my God and the way he raced us through the streets..." I said but composed myself when Sidharth entered the room. "Sana?" Abhi said. "I'll talk to you later," I said. "Ok. Love you. Bye," he said. "Bye," I said and hung up. "Do you need something?" I asked. "There is someone outside to see you," he said. "Me? Who?" I asked. "Come out," he said and turned around and left. I rested my phone aside and went out. Inspector Tripathi was sitting there, talking to the old folks. As he saw me, he stood up. "I am here for your weekly report. Also, the judge sent something for you," he said. "What?" I asked. He handed me an envelope. "What is this?" I asked. "The judge named everything you should be doing here during your punishment. Read it and you have to get started," he said, "Judging from what everyone said, you don't seem to mind living here. Before you get too comfortable, I am here to remind you that you are currently living in punishment." I frowned. "I know. You don't have to remind me. Don't worry, I'll do everything that cruel judge tells me so that he doesn't have to add to this," I said. "Good," he said, "I'll see you next week again." He left. I looked at the sealed envelope and sighed. "You can read it later. Come and have breakfast," Roopaji said. I went and sat with her. Breakfast was served and I ate enough. "What will we be doing in the garden today?" Virenji asked. "It's the fun part now," I said smiling. 

After breakfast, I handed them each a set of flower plants and marked the specific places to plant them. "Is this the fun part?" Virenji asked. "Yes. Planting flowers is a thearpy in itself, don't you know that?" I said. "Yeah, for women," he said. "Come on, once this is finished, we just have some cleaning up to do and then it's over," I said. "We will be finished so quickly?" Daljeetji asked. "Of course," I said smiling. They all frowned and bowed their heads. "Ok, what's the problem?" I asked sighing. "We were having so much of fun doing this. This going to be over now," Roopaji said. It also made me a bit sad. "Then, I have one more idea," I said. "What?" They asked. "How about, we decorate the terrace as well?" I asked. "Not a good idea," Sharad said. "Why?" I asked. "It tends to get extremely breezy up there. If we try to plant in buckets up there, it's guarantee to blow down," he said. "But we can use wind resistant pots for that," I said. "And where will we get money for that?" He asked. "I'll give the money," I said. "That's not going to work. Whatever money we use for this home, we earn it," he said. "Then, we will set up a fund raiser," I said. "Sana, it's not easy," Roopaji said coming to me, "Forget the terrace. Let's work on the garden." I nodded. "I'll find some way or the other to get this done. Even if it means borrowing money from Mom," I said silently. I got to work with everyone and finished just before lunch. After lunch, we cleaned up the surrounding and the garden was complete. It looked beautiful. It really made the dull building more pleasing to look at. "You all did a wonderful job," I said. I observed the look on everyone's face and it screamed pride and happiness. I felt a bit accomplished for deciding to do this for them. 

That night, I stood on the terrace and looked at the garden from birds eye view. I snapped a few pictures of it and smiled. I will keep these as memories of my first project. I turned and looked around the terrace. It was plain with only a few clothes lines and a small bench. I carefully observed the place and thought about how it would look filled with beautiful plants and flowers. I searched online for wind resistant plant pots available around the home but it all showed more in the big town. The prices were also a bit higher than normal pots but still nothing for me to buy. I know that if I just buy them, no one will appreciate it. They might think that I am showing off my wealth. "Papa, help me. Show me a way," I said. I sat there for a long time, hugging my body from the freezing cold breeze to come up with one way to make money for this. Before I knew, morning began to set in. I shocked myself by staying up all night here. Looking at the time, it was five o' clock and I knew that Roopaji must be waking up. I hurried downstairs and saw her sitting on the bed. Looking at me surprised, she asked, "Did you not sleep the entire night?" "Umm, I was on the terrace and I didn't even realise the time. I didn't realise that the entire night had already passed," I said. "What kept you that occupied?" She asked. "I was thinking about an idea to make money," I said. "For what?" She asked. "To decorate the terrace," I said. She froze and looked at me. Realising that I didn't sleep, slumber started kicking in. I yawned and stretched. "Can I sleep for one hour?" I asked. "And what about morning meditation and yoga?" She asked. "You can make an excuse for me," I said. "Ok," she said. I laid on my bed and closed my eyes.