Chapter 24

Should I pretend to be sick tomorrow and not go to school?

You walked through the hallway buzzing with excited students, squeals and chatter can be heard everywhere as they talk about their plans for tomorrow.

The day you dread is about to come, it's Valentine's day.

You let out an exasperated sigh as you entered your classroom, class isn't starting yet and so everyone takes their time to gossip or talk about trifling things.

Stealing a glance at Nahoya who was currently on the other side of the classroom roughhousing with the boys. A classmate noticed you all alone and greeted you "Y/n! Good morning, wanna join us? We were just talking about Valentine events the school prepared for tomorrow"

"Good morning too Yuki" you greeted the girl and reluctantly agreed to join her as she dragged you to a circle of girls who were giggling and chatting. Not that you didn't want to join, it's just that you're a bit awkward joining the popular girl's clique when you're not one. Nonetheless, they acted normally and let you in on the conversation as well.

They went from talking about the Valentine's decorations to buying or making chocolates and then to who they're gonna give chocolate to.

"How about you Y/n? Who are you gonna give chocolates to?" Ayumi asked

"H-huh? Me? I...don't know" you answered truthfully and Yuki squealed "Don't be shy, I totally saw you staring at Nahoya-kun earlier"

They all had different reactions varying from squeals to gasp

"Oooooh~ are you gonna give him one?"

"I told you guys there's something between them"

"That's so cute, I can recommend which store sells the best chocolates"

Mizuki, the girl Nahoya has been flirting with recently raised her brow and said "Girls, you're just making her uncomfortable. She probably doesn't even want to give him some, right Y/n?"

Even though she painted herself to be a considerate person helping you out of an awkward situation, her last few words carry more conviction and a bit of venom in her voice.

A bunch of girls apologized while some chuckled and Ayumi spoke up "Hah, is this because you think you own the guy already Mizuki? Trust me on this, you're nothing to him, been there done that"

"Shut up Ayumi, I'm different from you, he only went to you because you're the class president and he wanted something from you. Now he got bored of you" Mizuki scowled but Ayumi wasn't one to back down "It's the same for you isn't it? He just wants something from you and will leave once he's bored"

The two girls glared at each other and continued bickering. You stare in disbelief because of the fact that they're fighting each other instead of acknowledging that they were both used and it's Nahoya whom they should be mad at.

"Alright stop it you two! Let's just agree that Kawata-san is...a cassanova and Mizuki, let Y/n decide for herself whether she wants to give chocolates or not," Yuki, along with the help of other girls stopped the fight.

You decided to speak up and say "Actually I think I want to make some chocolates"

"Aha! So you are after my Nahoya, you sly bitc—" Mizuki was stopped by Sakura who replied "He's not yours Mizuki" Your eyes widen as you remembered her as one of the girls Nahoya also flirted with a couple of months ago. The painful reality again hit you that you're also just one of them, you're nothing special.

Thankfully the teacher arrived before the fight escalated, once you're back at your seat you glared at your seatmate who had a carefree attitude, not knowing that he was just the cause of a dispute from earlier.