Aliens of London

[Powell Estate]

(The Tardis materialises. Rose, the Doctor, Maddie, and Y/N get out.)

ROSE: How long have I been gone?

DOCTOR: About twelve hours.

ROSE: Oh. Right, I won't be long. I just want to see my mum.

MADDIE: What're you going to tell her?

ROSE: I don't know. I've been to the year 5 billion and only been gone, what, twelve hours? No, I'll just tell her I spent the night at Shareen's. See you 3 later. Oh, don't you 3 disappear.

(While Rose runs up the stairs to the flat, the Doctor, Maddie, and Y/N spot an old poster half stuck to a concrete pillar. Police Appeal for Assistance. Can You Help?)

[The Tyler's flat]

ROSE: I'm back! I was with Shareen. She was all upset again. Are you in? So, what's been going on? How've you been? What? What's that face for? It's not the first time I've stayed out all night.

(Jackie drops her mug of tea. It smashes on the floor. The Doctor, Maddie, and Y/N finish reading the poster and runs to the flat. The poster says - Rose Tyler has been missing from her home on the Powell Estate since 6th March 2005.)

JACKIE: It's you.

ROSE: Of course it's me.

JACKIE: Oh, my God. It's you. Oh my God.

(Jackie hugs Rose, who spots several different types of missing person posters on the table. The Doctor, Maddie, and Y/N run in.)

Y/N: It's not twelve hours, it's twelve months. You've been gone a whole year. Sorry.

(Outside, a young boy has spray-painted Bad Wolf on the side of the Tardis. Inside, astonishment has given way to fury, and a policeman has been called.)

JACKIE: The hours I've sat here, days and weeks and months, all on my own. I thought you were dead, and where were you? Travelling. What the hell does that mean, travelling? That's no sort of answer. You ask her. She won't tell me. That's all she says. Travelling.

ROSE: That's what I was doing.

JACKIE: When your passport's still in the drawer? It's just one lie after another.

ROSE: I meant to phone. I really did. I just I forgot.

JACKIE: What, for a year? You forgot for a year? And I am left sitting here. I just don't believe you. Why won't you tell me where you've been?

DOCTOR: Actually, it's out faults. We sort of er, employed Rose as our companion.

POLICEMAN: When you 3 say companion, is this a sexual relationship?

ROSE + MADDIE: No. She's /I'm happily married with a husband and daughter.

JACKIE: Then what is it? Because you, you waltz in here all charm and smiles, and the next thing I know, she vanishes off the face of the Earth! How old are you 3 then? Forty? Forty five? What, did you 3 find her on the Internet? Did you 3 go online and pretend you're a doctor and his wife and daughter?

Y/N: He is a Doctor and my dad and Maddie's my mom and his wife and I'm their daughter.

JACKIE: Prove it. Stitch this, mate!

(Jackie hits the Doctor, hard. Later, in the kitchen, mother and daughter are reconciled.)

JACKIE: Did you think about me at all?

ROSE: I did. All the time, but

JACKIE: One phone call. Just to know that you were alive.

ROSE: I'm sorry. I really am.