ep : 22

Four Months Later

"Baby can you stop, please?" Xalani held underneath her belly, watching as Kentrell irritatedly paced the living room.

"Babe." She grabbed his arm once he attempted to stride past her, and he turned his gaze to focus on her.

"I'm so fucking tired of them bra. Niggas controlling how I do my fucking music, like, like it's not my shit assum'. I don't have to fucking listen to them mane this my shit." He gestured with his hands, his accent strong as he spoke.

"Being mad won't fix anything. And stop this." She grabbed his hand that pulled at his front dread, making him let his hair go.

"I need to smoke. Watch out Zay." He stepped past her, and she sighed as he grabbed his weed box, going towards the back patio.

She walked slowly over towards the elevator, pressing floor two once she'd finally made it inside.

The house was absolutely perfect overall, but the elevators were Xalani's favorite addition. They relieved her sore feet, and she was also just lazy in general now that she was big and pregnant.

Their house also had a four car garage, along with a wide, nicely paved driveway that the rest of Kentrell's cars occupied. The yard was always kept in tact with freshly cut green grass, decorated with some small earth toned rocks.

The inside of the house was Kentrell's favorite, the floors colored in white marble by Xalani's courtesy. He loved seeing her dreams come to life with the help of him and a crew of interior designers. The painted walls were a crisp white, and the house smelled of vanilla lavender-the scent Xalani grew up with.

The kitchen was huge, and they had a matching dining area along with a bar stand. At the dinner table was a high chair with a mini table for their baby that was due soon.

The house was completed with five bedrooms and five and a half bathrooms, a den, basement, and two elevators. It was perfect for them.

"Ouch." Xalani mumbled, rubbing the side of her stomach where her baby had just kicked. He'd definitely picked up on movement the last few weeks.

Luckily for her though, her son was on the same sleep schedule as her. When she was awake, he was as well; and when she went to sleep, he did the same. She was glad that he allowed her to sleep through the night because she needed her rest.

Xalani grabbed her package of sour straws from the dresser, sitting on the edge of the bed while watching her son move around in her stomach.

She hated the idea of being a mother, but at moments where she realized their was a literal child inside of her, it was all that she wanted.

She wanted a chance to raise her baby as a normal kid, the childhood that she wanted. She didn't want her baby's parents to be taken away like hers were.

During her pregnancy, Xalani found herself missing her parents a lot more than normal. She wished that her mom was there to tell her what to expect while pregnant. She craved Amour's guidance.

This wasn't something she should've been experiencing by herself. She wished that she had a grandma or something. It was hard because half the time she didn't know what she was doing, what she should be eating, and what to expect when her baby arrived.

Xalani cut her thoughts short as Kentrell entered the room, his mug disappearing after seeing her face frowned up.

He rubbed the sides of her stomach, kneeding his wrists into her skin to soothe their son's rough kicks.

"Thank you papa." She mumbled, chewing on a piece of candy.

"You welcome. I'm sorry for my attitude." He kissed her cheek, wrapping his arms around her in a hug.