there's still hope

All the avengers and Fury were at the Stark tower inside a meeting room, Fury was standing in front of them while everyone were sitting at the conference table.

"we all have seen the danger of that cube, last time it was lost we had a war at bay, turns out it was never returned back at the rightful hands...."

Everyone present in that room were tense, half of them were already tired from last night, and the other half were worried more about the new found problem.

"....we can't risk it again, hundreds lost their lives last time, we cannot and will not let it happen again, on the other hand I assume you both remember Solanki."

"that kid? How is she related?" Clint asked.

"she was kidnapped a couple of days ago by an unknown group of people, Stark, Romanoff and captain Rogers were finding her until now."

"wait, I do not understand, Loki had her captive too, why is it that she's always in middle of it all?" Thor asked confused.

Natasha and Steve shared a look knowing the reason while Tony was not willing to make eye contact with anyone as he was just staring at the table.

"I suppose it's the time you all know...." Fury said after signing, "she's not from around here, one day we found a breach in our atmosphere, very similar to an Asgardian bifrost, it was when we found her. She claimed to come from an alternative universe and was right, but we didn't know how, neither did she that's why we called Stark to solve this mystery."

Both Clint and Thor were listening very carefully, let's just say they were taken back obviously, but didn't intervene and let Fury continue,

"what made it dangerous is that she knows about the future, our future. she has seen our world through fictional stories, she has knowledge of all upcoming big events and that's what made her a target to Loki and to whoever took her in this time."

"are you kidding me?" Clint whispered while pinching his nose bridge.

Thor was as equally shocked as Clint but was silent although his mind was pacing everywhere, it all made sense now on why Loki took her and why that day at Helicarrier she talked like she knew them both already.

"that's why it was so important to hide her, but with her missing everything is at risk and the cube is lost again. Now we have two problems on our hands, save Solanki and find the cube."

"you think whoever has her hostage are the same people responsible for the cube?" Clint asked.

"there's a possibility, we recorded low levels of gamma radiation after the breach. similar to the cube." Fury answered.

"the question is who?" Thor asked.

"Stark, you're questionably silent." Fury said.

Tony took a deep breath and covered his face with his hand before sitting straight and making eye contact with Fury with little to no emotion,

"oh I don't know, I thought you guys were having a good time on your own."

"did you get any lead?" Fury asked.

"we went to Washington last night, we had a location of her phone." Steve answered.

"we didn't find her, but we got a guy." Natasha spoke up.

"there is something else you should know." Steve said and looked at Natasha who nodded in affirmative.

"HYDRA.....they're still out there."

Everyone's attention shifted to Steve as he said that, excluding Natasha, Bruce and Tony who were already aware of this fact. Fury showed the most concern, his expressions were mixed of confused and worried.