Vol 1 Chapter 1: Monster meets Demon

(Disclaimer, most characters will be out of character until chapter five or so. From then on, they'll seem more like their canon counterparts. Due to the events that take place in this story, they won't be completely aligned with their canon counterparts, but they will have far more similarities with them, once you reach the end of this volume and the beginning of the next one.)

"Kiyotaka, I've met your father before you know." This took me by surprise, but before we go any further let's take this back to the beginning of the day.

(Flashback)

It was 8 am and I was on the bus, a golden-haired boy and a blonde girl were arguing about seat placement. The whole reason this event occurred was that the golden-haired boy wasn't bothered to give up his seat for the older woman.

"Why should I give up my seat? It's wasting my precious energy."

"Come on please Mr, this woman is old as you can see. Please just for the rest of the ride?" The girl was cute, to say the least, and the guy seemed to be extremely stuck up. But I couldn't get rid of this feeling that there was a nerve-racking presence on this bus, so I turned around to see what or who it was. When I finally found out who it was, they stared directly into my eyes, it was like they were trying to scare me or something. He had messy jet-black hair and eyes, and he was reasonably good-looking. I wouldn't be surprised if most girls fell in love with him instantly. But with that aura he gave off, he seems dangerous. Beside me, there was a cute raven-haired girl, she seemed to be in her own world though.

As I made my way to class I decided to take a little detour to go to the toilet, when I finally arrived in class I saw the black-haired guy looking over my desk. "Ayano-koji Kiyo-taka mhm."

"Did you drop something?"

"No, I was just seeing what your name was since I'll most likely be your neighbor for the next few years, the girl beside me is called Horikita Suzune."

"I see so that's her name," she was the black-haired girl I saw on the bus. I was intrigued by her but something told me the guy right in front of me is far more intriguing.

"Nice to meet you Ayaobro, you see what I did there. I dropped koji and the n between the a and o, so now you're Ayaobro!"

"We're coming up with nicknames already?"

"Yeah of course we are, we should become each other's best friends."

"Best friends?" Can he leave me alone, he's starting to irritate me.

"Yeah, you can call me Yuuichi if you want or you can just use my surname." If he thinks we're friends, our 'friendship' will be extremely one-sided.

"I'll stick with Katagiri for now." Hopefully, he doesn't disturb my plan to have a quiet life here. Once we both sat down he immediately fell asleep. I was about to poke him to see if he were awake but that plan was eradicated swiftly.

"Hello Class D, I am your homeroom teacher Sae Chabishira but to you, Chabishira-sensei, Welcome to ANHS. Now today won't be anything too major, you'll have your entrance ceremony after this and you'll meet your other teachers. I teach Japanese History and will be your homeroom teacher, now I shall be giving out the rules about the school." When I received a copy of the documents I noticed they were the same as the ones they originally handed out to us when we took our entrance exam. This academy was unlike the numerous other Japanese high schools in a few significant ways. Here, all students were required to live in dormitories located on school premises. Also, except for special cases, such as studying abroad, students were forbidden to contact anyone outside the school. Even contact with your immediate family was forbidden without authorization. Naturally, leaving school grounds without permission was also strictly forbidden too.